• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Near Manufacturing Alphamount and Rings

Hosshunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2012
North Texas
I've seen these rings on line but never in person. I'm just wondering if anybody has had experience with them? They look pretty solid from what I can tell.

I'm thinking the same.... They look very appealing and come in low(1 inch) for a 34mm tube. Another option for me would be a Spuhr however a slightly higher mount...

I'm in Houston and I have a set of Near Alpha Mounts. They are beautifully made, strong, and fairly light. When I hold mine, it is like holding a work of metallic art in my hand.

If you are looking for a mount, you will not find a more elegant and functional mount than the near alpha mount. With the exception of the Spuhr, nothing comes remotely close.

I'm in Houston and I have a set of Near Alpha Mounts. They are beautifully made, strong, and fairly light. When I hold mine, it is like holding a work of metallic art in my hand.
CanPopper,
Can you please measure the width of the rings (from front to back). I have a scope with ring marks that I would like to cover and don't know if the Near Mfg. rings will do it.

CanPopper,
Can you please measure the width of the rings (from front to back). I have a scope with ring marks that I would like to cover and don't know if the Near Mfg. rings will do it.

Width is 0.70". Separation is 3.23". I have the 34mm's

Nice thing about Nears is they don't leave ring marks, unlike my more crudely made Badgers.

Width is 0.70". Separation is 3.23". I have the 34mm's

Nice thing about Nears is they don't leave ring marks, unlike my more crudely made Badgers.

Thanks man!
I am replacing the Murphy Precision rings and base and I measured them at .70 too. Looks like I'm making a call tomorrow. Can't wait.

Well, mine doesn't have any MOA tilt in it. For this type of rifle, the tilt is usually in the picatinny base, not the unimount. The height of my Near's is 1.35".

I used to have my Zeiss Victory 6-24x72mm scope mounted in my Near until I replaced my rifle's stock with the XLR chassis. The bell of my scope wouldn't clear the handguard of my XLR stock so I now run custom height (1.48") Murphy Precision Titanium rings on my gun (a .300 Win Mag) now.

I've got two - one with 0 MOA and the other with 20 MOA. Excellent mounts, and Richard will get you fixed up. To order, you really just need to call him and tell him what you want. I Also have a Spuhr, and I like it a little better, but it's more personal preference than quality-based. I like the built-in level of the Spuhr. The Alphamounts are lower.

Iv got a pic rail and rings great quality. He custom built for my XP100.

I have a few Alphamounts and have a bunch of Near rails too. All I can say is everyone of them are absolutely perfect and a work of art. If anyone ever has any questions about NEAR products they should take a minute and give richard a call, he's great to talk to and his costumer service is top notch. Can't say enough good things about Richard and his products.

Spoke with Richard today, seems like a real good guy. I sent him the dimensions for my Cooper 53 receiver. Hoping he can help me out with my setup.