• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nearly free Tikka T1x oversized bolt knobs

Luke

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 29, 2002
    Colorado
    20230922_134702.jpg
    I designed and built an oversized bolt knob for my T1x and have 10 extras. All I'm asking is for you to cover actual shipping costs. I'll drop it in a small bubble mailer and ship via USPS. The first 10 people to PM me their address will get one - then I'll ship it and PM you what the shipping cost was and my Paypal info.

To install: Unscrew your bolt handle with a 3mm hex key, put a couple drops of oil on the knob, slide the oversized knob over the handle and then use some muscle and your workbench to pop it on. Once it's on, it's on, so proceed with caution :p then simply reattach your bolt handle

Do you know if these would fit a T3x bolt knob?

Just shipped 5, and have 5 left. Shipping ended up being $9 anywhere in the USA. PM me if you want one!

Reactions: DIBBS
    Nearly free? That is free! Very cool of you to do this.
    What material and finish?

Wish I had one just for this. Lol.

The material isn't squishy soft, but forgiving to the touch and has an excellent feel to it, I'm digging it

The material isn't squishy soft, but forgiving to the touch and has an excellent feel to it, I'm digging it
    Lol, you got it on upside down from the way I intended it to install, but it seems like it works okay! It was designed to install from the handle side towards the knob with the large opening at the bottom. Thanks for the pictures!

Lol, you got it on upside down from the way I intended it to install, but it seems like it works okay! It was designed to install from the handle side towards the knob with the large opening at the bottom. Thanks for the pictures!
    LOL That sounds like a dumbass move I'm capable of... it works great though. If you have any left, I'll try one right-side up next :ROFLMAO:

It was easy to install, I used the whole bolt handle for leverage to install it, I used a mix of alcohol and lanolin to lube it, I've not had time to make the range to use it, but it feels good and works well on the home bench...