• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question-Tikka T1X Bolt handles and knobs

R.0.n.i.n

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2021
Goodyear, AZ
What aftermarket bolt handles and knobs are recommended for the t1x? I know of Anarchy Outdoor’s and the Sterk. Reason being, I have to break position and move my support hand to grab the stock each time I work the bolt due to the resistance, and I wonder if a swept handle with a heavier knob would help that. I am, however, newer to the .22 scene and am learning as I go.

Your bolt shouldn't have that much resistance. How many rounds do you have through the gun?

Get the Sterk.
Looks cool and makes the rifle quicker and easier to cycle.

I got mine from Mountain tactical but I can't find on their site anymore...
I do agree your bolt shouldn't be that stiff. Mine is very easy to cycle

Mine could be pretty stiff, especially with the factory handle.

I got the Sterk, will never take it off. Feels like the rifle it should have been from the beginning.

I have the Anarchy handle and their Dragon Scale knob. Much easier to handle than the factory one. But my factory bolt is quite smooth too. Just too small.

Has anyone found a Sterk bolt handle lately? I haven’t seen them in stock anywhere in over a year. I want another T1X handle, they are great.

Has anyone found a Sterk bolt handle lately? I haven’t seen them in stock anywhere in over a year. I want another T1X handle, they are great.
I have one if you’re looking for one t1x. Was going to reply to someone asking for a t3 bolt handle but didn’t know if it’ll fit that

More texture could help, but that could also be done with a little skateboard tape for a few bucks, say Talon Grip or the like. If you have to manhandle it closed, might want to take it in to someone to look at.

First, clean your bolt and receiver, then grease with Molybdenum Disulfide Grease, and if you want it super slick, mix that grease with STP oil treatment 50/50. Cycle a few times and have at it, it will get even better with time.
As for the bolt handle, I’m following cause I want something closer to the sizes on my other precision rifles.

Last edited:
This is a lumley polished carbon fiber knob with their straight handle. I love it.
image1 (2).jpeg

Reactions: obx22
I've had a couple on order for over a year ... he said he had a production run set for last year. Some made it to dealers and some direct sales, but I didn't get mine. No reply to last couple of emails, so I'll follow up soon. Hope he's doing okay.

I've had a couple on order for over a year ... he said he had a production run set for last year. Some made it to dealers and some direct sales, but I didn't get mine. No reply to last couple of emails, so I'll follow up soon. Hope he's doing okay.
Try poking him here? @cannoncrossfire

G'day Daniel, not a stupid question, wood knob is on a DIANA 820S ,black knob is a FEINWERKBAU 2000. I do have an ANSCHUTZ 54.30 with a steel one inch round knob.Triggers are set at approx 2 ounces and all 3 have the same wood stocks and are used for benchrest at 20/50 /90 metres.:cool: Scott.

Reactions: obx22
My safe is full and my rifles were rubbing. So I went with the MDT bolt cover knob and love it. Good size and no scratches any more. You have to Dremel it a bit to fit. Have it on three T1x's.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 21