• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Neat old Krag Photo

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
My other passion is antique motorcycles...

And I just came across this picture today. Pardon the quality. But check out the great old Krag rifles.

krag_zps6b959816.jpg

Motorcycle is about a 1913 Henderson Four. No, don't have one. I would, however, trade a body part for a Henderson Four!

Enjoy and cheers,

Sirhr

Re: Neat old Krag Photo

Great picture. I too like old motorcycles,

I'm also a huge fan of the Krag's.

No doubt that the Krag is still a fine firearm. It was the first centerfire rifle I shot as a kid. That steel buttplate kicked my butt (plate). I still have a fondness for it and hope that someday I might inherit Dad's Krag...though my older brother may get it. We'll see.

Good memories for me. Thanks for the pic.

Butch Bears 1928 Indian in the works at Indian Day 2012 in Springfield, MA
DSCN0896.JPG

OLD HD in the show room of Sheldons HD in Auburn MA
2012-08-08%252012.26.13.jpg

1922 Douglas in the show room of Cycles 128 in Beverly MA
2012-08-08%252017.05.18.jpg

Ive got hundreds of pics like this
its my job
smile.gif

oh yeah i have my great grand fathers service rifle from WWI a 1898 krag dated 1901 in A+ condition
ill try and get a pic of that up

Nice old pic and that Henderson is a sweet machine. I'm partial to Indians myself and one day I will own one. That rifle looks more like a 1903 Springfield to me than a Krag though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tofst4u2no</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice old pic and that Henderson is a sweet machine. I'm partial to Indians myself and one day I will own one. That rifle looks more like a 1903 Springfield to me than a Krag though </div></div>

The one the soldier is holding does appear to be a Springfield but the one laying on the seat is a Krag.

Considering running a Krag in a Vintage Bolt Gun Match. Looks like the rapid fire reload will be a rodeo but I'll bet she gets more looks than the other rifles! If your not having fun shooting then it has turned into work!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Looks like the rapid fire reload will be a rodeo </div></div>

It's not as hard as you think, load 5 rounds in the loading gate per normal but don't close it. Slip a sixth round in the chamber. When I get 6 in the gun, I shoot 5, have the 6th round in the chamber while I load the other 4. Saves a second or two.

Shoot the first 5, then throw the next 4 in (you;re 6th is in the chamber) You have 80 seconds, its not that hard with a bit of practice.

Some people even single load the last 5 or 4 and still have plenty of time. The Krag is one of the smoothest actions out there, that's a big benifit in rapid fire.

Practice with a Mosin. If you get that puppy loaded and shot you can get anything to work in 80 seconds.

My problem with the Krag, is when I try to use the Peep sight (1901 sights) I loose too much time finding the front sight. I use the notch in rapid fire and the peep in the slow fire stages.