• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need 1" body picatinny light mount

The Daniel Defense 1" Offset light mount is a good piece of kit and features 1" setup for many common lights. VTAC has one as well for about 1/2 the cost of the DD unit, but I prefer the DD's lower profile/slimmer mount/design and EXTREMELY light weight (<2oz).

daniel defense looks solid actually. but looks like it places the light quite a ways away from the rail. anything smiliar that snugs up closer to rail? gear sector maybe?

I have a stream light strion screwed into a (warne I think) QD scope mount ring and it works fine. Had to use a rubber band "bushing" for a snug fit

daniel defense looks solid actually. but looks like it places the light quite a ways away from the rail. anything smiliar that snugs up closer to rail? gear sector maybe?

Not quite sure what you mean or how you really are wanting to mount your light up in terms of how its positioned on the rail, but the DD positioning is pretty natural to me and not at all "a ways away from the rail." You might try a Google search the DD mount in "Images" to see if you can't find some quality pics of it mounted up, light attached, to relieve any of your concerns. If you want the light ON THE RAIL, and NOT offset, then the above suggestion about a simple 1" ring that you can choose the "ring height" on to get it exactly the distance "off the rail" you want is probably easiest.

Not quite sure what you mean or how you really are wanting to mount your light up in terms of how its positioned on the rail, but the DD positioning is pretty natural to me and not at all "a ways away from the rail." You might try a Google search the DD mount in "Images" to see if you can't find some quality pics of it mounted up, light attached, to relieve any of your concerns. If you want the light ON THE RAIL, and NOT offset, then the above suggestion about a simple 1" ring that you can choose the "ring height" on to get it exactly the distance "off the rail" you want is probably easiest.

i did just as you suggested withe the google machine and in doing so i learned that the daniel defense mount was never meant to be used without a pressure switch. it places the light too far away from the rail and is not ergonomic to be able to just reach up with your thumb and push the switch. i want the light @ 10:30 snugged in close to the rail. i have a noveske nsr rail and rail section to mount.