• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need .936 low pro adjustable gas block

mosquitoshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
I love JP products but I dont like the way the adjustment screws dont "lock". I know loctite can be used but I dont like it. Last year I searched high and low and could not find anything that "locks" except for Wilson Combat. However, recently I came across SLR which has a couple options. CLamp on and set screw.

Two questions
1. Is SLR quality stuff? Is this a good block?
2. Are there any other companies that have come out with a gas block that I am looking for where the adjustment is "locked" in place. Of course it has to be .936 size. I know Syrac doesnt. Ive searched high and low

Any help would be appreciated.

I just installed an SLR Rifleworks .936" adj. gas block on my rifle. I think it's the best one on the market in that size. Another option to look at however, is one from Wilson Combat. If you get the one from SLR, remember to also get a straight gas tube. I ordered mine from Precision Reflex (PRi).

SLR is high quality, American-made...and they are THE ONLY game in town for the type/style/size gas block you are looking for at this time (although Syrac should have their new sizes out sometime soon...well...sometime anyway). ;)

Ive used a PRI low pro under a jp freefloat tube and worked just fine on my 260 its a set screw type so a dimple in barrel is a little more comforting.

Ive used a PRI low pro under a jp freefloat tube and worked just fine on my 260 its a set screw type so a dimple in barrel is a little more comforting.

I had one of theirs and IIRC their adjustment screw had to be set with loctite also. Lol- auto correct keeps trying to change "loctite" to "lactate".