• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a bi-pod for my AI chassis

tman300wm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
Guys,

I'm looking for a bi-pod for my AI 1.5 chassis. I don't want to spend a fortune, and I would like to be able to use a Harris bi-pod if there is some attachment device that is available.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Tman

Re: Need a bi-pod for my AI chassis

For ease of use I just attach my Harris straight to the sling swivel stud on the AI chassis, works just fine and gives a good firm shooting platform.

Ideally it would be good to take advantage of the extra length fixing to the spigot would give but as I can't I don't miss it.

Ed

Yeah, unfortunatly I don't have the sling stud on the bottom of my stock.

I'd like to do an Atlas but I simply can't afford one right now. This bi-pod is for my backup rifle and it does not get shot very often. I can't even justify an Atlas for my working rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, unfortunatly I don't have the sling stud on the bottom of my stock. </div></div>

Ah, I see! Fair doo's... Versapod do one but I've no idea on quality or performance.

http://versapod.com/shop/accuracy-international®-adapter

I'm not sure about the versapod myself. I have not heard any good of their products and don't think I have ever seen them in use.

Todd just drill and tap a sling stud in the stock, cheap and easy.

Well, if Atlas is out of your budget range, this probably won't help you any, but I am a big fan of the factory AI bipod. Unfortunately, they are even more expensive than the Atlas.

Is the metal on the bottom of the forearm aluminium? If so, is it too soft to suport a sling stud? I had thought of that but didn't want to bugger the whole thing.

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the metal on the bottom of the forearm aluminium? If so, is it too soft to suport a sling stud? I had thought of that but didn't want to bugger the whole thing.

Thanks, </div></div>Mine came with an attachment for a sling stud that will allow the attachment of a Harris. I believe it is sold separately from AI dealers as an accessory however, which is the direction I would go rather than screwing one in.

I just sent AI America an email requesting the part number or if they would sell me one direct.

Thanks,

Tman,
You can get the Harris adapter direct from A.I.at a reasonable price.

Everyone is talking about the Accuracy Intl bipod but did you know that the L115A3 and variants used by British snipers actually are issued with Harris bipods and Pod-Loc kits?

Go to this page
UK Sniper Rifle press release
then scroll down to the bottom and click on the video link.

Who would have thunk it?

Terry,

Wow! You are spot on, that Brit is using a Harris. Funny thing is that I saw another pic of a British sniper with a AW and he had a Harris as well. I thought maybe it was not a Brit sniper in the pic because of the Harris, but now it all makes sense.

Do you by chance know the part number or name of the adapter? I can't seem to find it any where.....

Thanks and see you at the next match in Texas....

SRTsupply is some good folks! Derrick is going to get me taken care of. Thanks for the link bm11.