• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a bino harness recommendation for NRL Hunter

dscl

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2021
Illinois
Looking to pick up a non-magnetic bino harness primarily for NRL Hunter style matches. A few that have come to my attention are:
  • FHF Pro-M
  • Catamount Outdoor Gear
  • Marsupial No-Mag Enclosed
  • Kuiu Pro
  • Stone Glacier Skyline
Just curious if anyone has a specific recommendation.

I wanted a harness for mine and searched and searched. I found these and decided to give them a try. I like them a lot. Light and easy to pack when not in use. I'm sure the heavier duty type are much more comfortable but these work amazingly well.

IMG_1240__20079.jpg

Reactions: Shifty6BR and dscl
I'm not a NRL Hunter shooter (yet), but use a Marsupial Gear non-mag enclosed bino harness. A lot.

I really like this bino harness. They aren't bulky, and the pockets are fairly useless unless you are putting the smallest items in them. Quality is very high, and it's a comfortable harness.

I would certainly recommend Marsupial Gear to anyone looking for a bino harness.

Reactions: YotaEer and dscl
I'm a big fan of the fhf gear harness. I've used both the bino pouch and also the chest rig. Both are fantastic

I had an AGC but switched binos this year and had to get a larger chest pack. I went with the fully enclosed marsupial gear, with rangefinder pouch and down under pouch.
I’d rank the Marsupial system as far better than the AGC. I have the magnetic version, and my only issue is with the down under pouch installed the magnet takes a little finessing to get it to stick in the open position. If you go non magnetic that won’t be an issue. Very modular system as well. Thumbs up from me for the marsupial.

Reactions: kthomas
Cole Tac.

Went from Alaska Guide Creations to Marsupial. The Marsupial chest bino pack is WORLDS ahead in quality and fit. Makes AGC look like a Walmart creation.

Reactions: kthomas
Hill people gear recon bag with the bino pouch was what i used at NRL hunter match. Was pretty happy with it, but havent really tried anything else. Its my hunting rig as well, carries all essentials (handgun, knives, phone, hydration tabs, emergy becon, binos, ect)

or

Plus

or

Reactions: Makinchips208
ive been very happy with my fhf carriers. have not had any issues with moisture or dust riding wheelers etc. small enough on the chest that they dont get in the way of shouldering rifle etc. i think you will be well served by any of those on your list.

Reactions: dscl
Hill people gear recon bag with the bino pouch was what i used at NRL hunter match. Was pretty happy with it, but havent really tried anything else. Its my hunting rig as well, carries all essentials (handgun, knives, phone, hydration tabs, emergy becon, binos, ect)

or

Plus

or
I have a HPG kit bag that I like a lot, but I’ve been hesitant to go this route because it seems like it would be really thick and bulky hanging off my chest. Do you find it gets in the way at all when fully loaded up?

I have a HPG kit bag that I like a lot, but I’ve been hesitant to go this route because it seems like it would be really thick and bulky hanging off my chest. Do you find it gets in the way at all when fully loaded up?
I ran a HPG kit bag with HPG bino pouch on front with MOLLE at recent NRL Hunter match. Worked great! Same as I hunt with.

I own a HPG full-size SARS rig. Don’t own the bino carrier, however (always out of stock, but I see that’s changed, hmmmm).

Pro tip: the Recon Harness really makes the unit carry better on my chest. For me anyway.

It’s a snap-in replacement for the stock harness.

Just sold my Kuiu and bought an eberlestock recon and really like it

You guys SUCK!

I‘ve been using the RYO Bino Buddy for years and been happy. This thread comes up and now I’m looking at a major upgrade.

I love my Kuiu gear, but the Hill People Gear setup is REALLY piquing my interest in that I can combine several pieces of kit into one along with being made in the USA.

Primary use will be hunting, with off shoots into Mtn. Biking, Fishing, and general outdoors activities. I’m slowly building an NRL Hunter kit with hopes to start participating as life situations change.

I have the FHF M with the harness shoulder pad, I've been very happy with it.

On sale. Works well. I like that it easily opens forward.

Not on your list, but in case anyone else is thinking about it... NOT Mystery Ranch. Lid magnet was too weak to even stay closed, sent them back

Probably going w/ HPG, but still working through how much stuff I want on my chest

One thing is for certain, a lot of the companies havent put much thought into a modular bino harness. And when they tried to make it modular or have the ability to add pouches, they ended up being all floppy and sagging, or you have to run the pouches through the same strap that keeps the harness attached to your body.

Reactions: R_A_W
I have the FHF pro-m gear and its rally nice and I've used it for the NRL hunter matches and works really good for that. One of my friends has the pro-m also and recently picked up the FHF fob bino harness and he really likes it I've used it a little bit and if it had to do it again I would get the FOB harness

Last edited:
I've been considering the bino carrier from Kifaru. I have a ton of their gear and it's all been fantastic.

I've used both the Alaskan Guide Creations Cub and the Sitka. Both work well, and have different pros and cons.

Stone Glacier may be coming out with a new model which will be more functional than their existing one ...