• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Need a book recommendation

Chance

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2004
South, TX.
Just finished game of thrones series. Really enjoyed it. Anyone have a recommendation for a similar book. It doesn't have to be a series.

I usually read combat style bios etc., but I really enjoyed game of thrones. I've got a long plane ride ahead, any books in the same genre?

I haven't found anything too similar to the Game of Thrones series, but after looking online for similar reading...I came across a series called the Wheel of Time. 14 books in the collection, similar grandeur of plot and setting to Game of Thrones, and it's kept me entertained through the 6th book so far.

If you haven't already, give The Lord of the Rings series a read, starting with the hobbit. Like usual, much better than the movies...although the movies followed these books more closely than most do.

Casca. Light reading, historical fiction, about 21 books, written by Barry Sadler.

Casca Longuinious (sp?) is believe to be the Roman Legionaire to have speared Jesus Christ to put him out of his misery on the cross. But this is a whole (true) story in itself.