• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need a gunsmith to put muzzle brake in New York

odessit

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2009
Can someone recommend a good muzzle brake for 6.5 Creedmore? Also I need a gunsmith in New York who would be able to put it on for me. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

if you dont have anyone in New York maybe you can recommend someone in New Jersey or Pensylvania

NY State - Jim Hart does excellent work and the several barrels he's put onto my buddy's rifle have been excellent shooters.

PA - Hammonds rifles in York, PA but be forewarned, he is reputed to be "moody" with some customers. I've never had an issue dealing with him whatsoever. Again, his work is excellent and several of his rifles hold record book lines as well.

I put a Badger Thruster on my 6.5CM...I also like the Little Bastard. There are 100s of options out there - depends on the look you're going for and your wallet.
I don't have any info for smiths in those States, sorry. I would recommend Mark Gordon at SAC (he's in Ohio) if you want someone close to you.

if you dont have anyone in New York maybe you can recommend someone in New Jersey or Pensylvania

Bob White in North Jersey (973) 663-5159 , As Bohem said Clarence Hammonds is top notch (717) 244-7879 . I never had an issue with Hammonds he answered all my questions and some .