• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need a measurement on a Hornady 75 OTM..

Tangodown911

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2008
West metro Atlanta, GA
Ran out of them and I cant find a base to ogive measurement on the Hornady 75 BTHP/OTM (T1C) anywhere. If someone could come up with 3-5 measured bullets. Thanks.

Re: need a measurement on a Hornady 75 OTM..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but no one can give you a definitive base to ogive measurement. The ogive is the curved portion of the bullet forward of the bearing surface and rearward of the tip. Comparators that "measure ogive" are actually measuring off of an arbitrary datum line where to ogive is a specific diameter. Depending on the actual gauge, this measurement will vary. Comparing measurements off of the same gauge is fine, but switching between gauges won't be accurate, unless the gauges are very, very similar (ie. within far less that .001" at the point where the bullet is measured).

Measured with a sinclair nut, and a Starrett 797, and that's all I have for you, hope it helps.

sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but no one can give you a definitive base to ogive measurement. The ogive is the curved portion of the bullet forward of the bearing surface and rearward of the tip. Comparators that "measure ogive" are actually measuring off of an arbitrary datum line where to ogive is a specific diameter. Depending on the actual gauge, this measurement will vary. Comparing measurements off of the same gauge is fine, but switching between gauges won't be accurate, unless the gauges are very, very similar (ie. within far less that .001" at the point where the bullet is measured). </div></div>
100% correct.