• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need a Mid-Range Scope

jtac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
Natchitoches, La
Got a 18" Bull AR10, looking for a quality mid-range scope (1.5-6x or so) to use for hunting/shooting. Would like to have elevation/windage turrets with a mil-dot recticle. Looking around $300-500. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Looked at Counter Snioer until came across good review here. Now not on the table anymore.

Re: Need a Mid-Range Scope

SWFA SS 3-9 off the SampleList for $499--one hell of a good optic, even w/considering the price. It's a smidge over your mag range on the low end, but I have yet to hear a negative review of it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didnt you have a wotac? Did it not work out? </div></div>

Yes I still have he Wotac, moved it to my Rem 700 from AR10. Starting to have some side focus problems with it, after every shot it loses focus and have to readjust. Tried calling Matt a few times, but the Wotac may be next to go; although, there's nothing else negative about my Wotac.

I'm a Nikon fan, you should check out their M-223 line. Limited on reticles, and I'm not a fan of the BDC. But they are built great and I love the feel of the turrets. Fantastic glass for the price as well.

I'll let you know how the Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40mm is this weekend. It retails for 599$ can be found for 520$ after shipping and handling with some looking around.

I have a MK4 2.5-8x36mm on my MK12 Mod 1 and other than the mis match in knobs/reticles i love the little thing.

I have a 4x12x40 Nikon Prostaff on a 20" Remington 700. It was only $220 bucks and I like it a lot.