• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a new 308 rifle...

Katty

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2010
FL
I'm torn between the Surgeon and the GA Percision rifles.

They are both very nice rifles but I'm need in opinions from the guys that know best here.

Which is the best and why?

Re: Need a new 308 rifle...

I've got rifles from both outfits....wont go wrong either way. What are you using it for?

They are both specialized pieces of equipment. The advantage of a custom build is that you can order the rifle tailored for your particular needs. Are you familiar enough with exactly what purpose you have in mind for this custom rifle, or would you be better off with a high quality factory rifle that you could re-sell quickly when you decide that your skill level warrants stepping up to a custom rifle?

Because something like an AE MK II is hard to beat for price, accuracy, and quality.

Agree with Graham. Don't have an AIAE MkII, but it's hard to beat the quality and ruggedness.

The "best" is the one you have at the time it's needed.

Well for the money I'd rather spend a little more and get one that has a 3/8 1/2 inch MOA. MK 2 is at 1 inch.
I want one that's all more of a custom. Want it to do pretty much everything but was really wondering about the quality of each of the two mentioned before in theis thread.

Wondering if one has a edge on the other in build quality and parts quality.
A rifle should hit what you're aiming at or t's just anything else, hence the custom piece.

targs7-27-10001.jpg

targs7-27-10002.jpg

Like I said....they're both pretty good.