• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a new AR-15 trigger

Says the Dickson Street warrior.
Yea, I know.

897792C8-91E5-4505-89C7-15FEDE2C2211.jpeg

For this AR, I ordered a RISE RA-434. It is a fully adjustable single stage with some nice features. I'm going to build another one and I'll try one of the other triggers mentioned, Trigger Tech, Timney or Gissele. It will be nice to finally be rid of the Jewel trigger. That thing has been a mess since Smack the Smiley was first started. I would drive to the desert to shoot it, and on the cold bore shot it would double and ruin the target. More than once it happened.

Ok you bunch a fudds.

Turns out n2ishun is right! I don’t mind admitting when I’m wrong. His astute observations made me start looking at it harder and it’s not just the triggers!

There are all sorts of barely noticeable differences people are trying to pass off as something special.

Just look at these tires! They are basically the same. Only difference is those grove thingys.
26E35CB3-945F-434F-8048-370EE35AA13A.jpeg

And look at these red dots. Virtually identical other than that logo!
C0047AA0-0E3B-4F75-85AF-0DBE560DDC8E.jpeg

And look at these lady swimmers! All the same except for that little dangly bit!!!
E03CD2A2-17DD-4933-A3F0-3F884DC03464.jpeg

Thanks for showing us the error of our ways! Glad I didn’t spend any more money on that marketing hype.

My AR varmint gun has had a Jewel 2 stage trigger for over twenty years. It is worn out and now is basically a three round burst. I have to admit that I did have fun at the range today shooting the 400 yd steel plates with 3 round burst! I'm looking for either a singe or two stage trigger that is reliable and has a light enough trigger pull for shooting small groups with a heavy barrel varmint gun. What is available these days?
Put Mark Larue’s triggers in all my ARs. You put one in yours you will not be disappointed.

I’ve got the Geisselle SDE in a rifle. It’s two stage and I’ve been really pleased with it.

I’ve also got a Rise trigger and it too has been pretty good.

I’ve never had an issue with either of them.

I’ve got TT Diamonds in my bolt guns and I wouldn’t hesitate to put one in an AR.
I absolutely love my AR TT triggers as much as the ones in my bolt guns. I think I have 6 total TT triggers and every one of them is flawless. The adjustability is outstanding and the most crisp break of anything I've shot. I haven't shot an Elftman match but basically all of the other big name ones I have.

Interesting to see the Rise A get some love. I've always wondered about them but never been bold enough to try one out.

Reactions: MJF
Another vote for the LaRue MBT-2S trigger. Outstanding materials, quality, durability, repeatability, pull, break, and reset. I've run a lot of different triggers, including most mentioned in this thread, and to me, the MBT outperforms them all, but when you compare the price of the MBT (it used to be over $200, but the price has come down to around $89 last time I checked) to the other triggers, there's just no comparison.

Ok you bunch a fudds.

Turns out n2ishun is right! I don’t mind admitting when I’m wrong. His astute observations made me start looking at it harder and it’s not just the triggers!

There are all sorts of barely noticeable differences people are trying to pass off as something special.

Just look at these tires! They are basically the same. Only difference is those grove thingys.
View attachment 7897123

And look at these red dots. Virtually identical other than that logo!
View attachment 7897127

And look at these lady swimmers! All the same except for that little dangly bit!!!
View attachment 7897132

Thanks for showing us the error of our ways! Glad I didn’t spend any more money on that marketing hype.
Haaaa the chick on the right looks really pissed lulz. But never mind that bullshit is the tri burst trigger still available?

• Haha
For this AR, I ordered a RISE RA-434. It is a fully adjustable single stage with some nice features. I'm going to build another one and I'll try one of the other triggers mentioned, Trigger Tech, Timney or Gissele. It will be nice to finally be rid of the Jewel trigger. That thing has been a mess since Smack the Smiley was first started. I would drive to the desert to shoot it, and on the cold bore shot it would double and ruin the target. More than once it happened.

You’ll enjoy the 434. It’s become my favorite trigger. I literally have one in every AR I have built right now.

My AR varmint gun has had a Jewel 2 stage trigger for over twenty years. It is worn out and now is basically a three round burst. I have to admit that I did have fun at the range today shooting the 400 yd steel plates with 3 round burst! I'm looking for either a singe or two stage trigger that is reliable and has a light enough trigger pull for shooting small groups with a heavy barrel varmint gun. What is available these days?
I'll trade you the trigger of your choice for yours!!!

CMC single stage triggers for my AR rifles.
Twas a time I had them in all my rifles, match rifles and general BS jobbers. Little by little I replaced most of them, not for any shortcoming, but just to experiment and try something new. First was a Hyperfire 24C when they first came out, then a Timney (..eh), most recenlty the Triggertech. That was mostly as an excuse. I wanted to try them, and the rifle I'd just put together for my nephew had a horrible stock trigger. But I couldn't see spending MORE money on him, but buying myself something new and suddenly having a CMC I no longer needed and could give him seemed like a viable excuse/lie. :D
I could happily go back to the CMC's if I needed to.

I've never tried a Geissele that impressed me. They're certainly not bad by any means, but any I tried never lived up to the hype. That may be the hype-r's fualt. Way back, so many guys I shot multigun and rifle matches with loved them and talked them up (various models), when I tried them I thought "Oh.. uh, okay?" I suppose compared to the "out of the box" mil-spec (or worse) triggers they were used to and had been using, they were amazing. And they sang their praises because of that.

Reactions: jr81452 and MJF
CMC. Single stage flat. 2.5 lb. Have em in several AR platform. So far no problems. Super easy install. $189.00

IDK why, but I feel like my KAC two stage triggers break crisper than the Geissele's I've had.

Never had the chance to try the G DMR tho, I hear its one of the best.

Cheers

Another vote for Larue MBT 2S
The Larue MBT 2S triggers are okay for slow precision shooting but they have the worst reset of any AR trigger I have used. They are a no-go for carbine use as far as I am concerned but would work and be the best bang for the buck for the OP’s varmint rifle use.

Even though you already ordered the RA 434, thought I'd add my late +1 for the TriggerTech Diamond, I absolutely love it, there's simply no comparison that I've tried. I also agree the G triggers are overpriced and over-hyped, which may be the reason I was less than impressed when I tried literally all of them, I expected the kind of trigger pull God would have on his AR, but fell substantially shotrt. LaRue MBT-2S is great for the money, easily best bang for your buck. CMC triggers are great, only tried their single stage though. Last, RA has a super nice trigger, it's the 545 or something, looks really cool, can't miss it. RA(I think) also came out with a very unique 2-stage trigger thats essentially 2 separate triggers in one, very interesting and I'm considering checking it out, but will wait for one to come up for sale in the forums, given their price is about the same as another TT Diamond, LoL. Let us know how you like the RA when it comes in!!!

I generally like Geissele triggers, but I really like the feel of a good single stage like CMC or Rise Armament. The Rise and CMC are a little easier to install and the feel great. I haven’t shot any of them yet, but only dry fired them after installing them.

I generally like Geissele triggers, but I really like the feel of a good single stage like CMC or Rise Armament. The Rise and CMC are a little easier to install and the feel great. I haven’t shot any of them yet, but only dry fired them after installing them.
I haven't tried a Geissele single stage yet, but I've heard good things.

If you're willing to spend a bit more, TriggerTech's top tier triggers are their Adaptable (2.5 - 5.0 lbs) and Diamond (1.5 - 4.0 lbs) that rarely go on sale, but are well worth the money if you're chasing that last bit of precision.
I realize I’m late, but after reading two pages I’m shocked how under rated/represented TriggerTech is!
Is it because everyone is scared of spending ~$300 on an AR trigger?
I realize preferences differ, but for OP’s stated purpose in MY opinion TriggerTech diamond or even adaptive is absolutely untouchable, in a league of its own.
Maybe I’m just weird.

used 2 top shelf triggers for decades. settled on Giselle

Reactions: Milf Dots and MJF
Geissele SSA-E or Larue MBT-2S
Same here. These are all I ever build my guns with. If you wait for the holidays you can pick up Geissele SSA-E (2-stage) triggers for 170-180 bucks at Palmetto, AR Discounts and Primary Arms. Brownells occasionally sells 'em for ~ $190 during the same holiday sales but you get their unbeatable no questions asked lifetime guarantee. SSA-E triggers are normally ~$240. Can't beat 'em.
Larue MBT-2S (also 2 stage) triggers are also exceptional quality/feel for ~$90-125. Love 'em.

Repackage your trigger and sell it as a Binary Trigger.

No their ALG (QMS quality mil spec & ACT advanced combat trigger) triggers are basically enhanced/polished mil spec. Then they have their budget G2S triggers. Everything else including their SSP aren't even remotely close to a milspec trigger. A ssp 3lb break with no take up isn't comparable to a bubba'd milspec and I highly doubt Bill said it was.

You would be the only person I've ever seen refer to cheaper drop ins as "MUCH" better than a SSA-E or SSP. You can say Geissele is over priced but they are still easily some of the finest triggers made. I find it hard to believe you have quality trigger time behind a SSA-E and came to the conclusion it's not that great.
The G2S is an SSA with a different method of holding the trigger pin in. Absolutely no difference otherwise in manufacture, feel, function, or pull weight. I run SSAs in all my ARs with one G2S mixed in somewhere (which is no issue since I also run KNS anti rotate pins in them all). I do not consider a single stage light pull trigger as a good match for an AR-15 or any other tactical rifle for that matter.

The G2S is an SSA with a different method of holding the trigger pin in. Absolutely no difference otherwise in manufacture, feel, function, or pull weight. I run SSAs in all my ARs with one G2S mixed in somewhere (which is no issue since I also run KNS anti rotate pins in them all). I do not consider a single stage light pull trigger as a good match for an AR-15 or any other tactical rifle for that matter.
What do you consider a light single stage? The SSA-E two stage has a 3 1/2lb overall pull so I’m guessing anything less than 3 1/2lbs in a single stage.

Blackout Defense Zero Trigger is a more recent release then most of the triggers previously recommended. Many gun you tubers that have done reviews on many triggers say this is the best trigger now. Available in 3 and 4.5 lb pull and 2 choices of coatings, DLC or Melonite & straight or bow trigger face all single stage

The first half of this thread reminds me of why I hate trigger threads so much.
It seems that a ton of people try their first aftermarket trigger, immediately recognize it as superior to the 8lb gritty piece of garbage they replaced then form a strong emotional attachment to it and use only that trigger for all future builds. Then they hop in every trigger thread to champion it's virtues and attack anyone who disagrees with them.
Then there's the guys that can't seem to understand that not everyone uses a trigger for the purpose they do. There are different triggers for different purposes. There are light triggers, heavy ones, single stage and 2 stage, adjustable and fixed, cassette and individual component triggers, and in all different price ranges and they all have a reason to exist.

If people spent half as much time trying different triggers as they do arguing about them they would accidentally turn into excellent marksmen.

Although I like me SSA-E as noted above I’ll add the best group of my life from an AR was just over 1/4” for 5 shots at 100 yards. Shot with a Mil spec colt trigger in a S&W lower. My Geissele makes precision shooting more enjoyable with the AR but I wouldn’t say it delivers life changing results “For Me” on target

But I definitely prefer 2 stage AR to single. Again “For Me”

As a general rule, these days gun YT channels are just paid advertisers- compensated with money, free product, or both. I know one channel who only had about 3500 subs and he was able to get the free Springfield Hellcat package with gun, optic, mags, holster, swag. That's how much SA spent on marketing the HC.

When it comes to AR triggers- I'm not willing to be a beta tester.

Reactions: jr81452 and MJF
I just installed the RISE RA-434. It looks very well made. It has no perceptible take-up or creep. A very clean 3lb break with no noticeable over travel. Pretty impressive. I'll shoot it Monday.

Reactions: FuhQ
i like either the TriggerTech Diamond or the Geissele High Speed National Match for target type shooting or shooting prairie dogs

Reactions: 912173
I went with a geissele high speed nm because I heard it had fast lock time and because of the hype so I figured I'd give it a try. I don't regret the geissele at all, but I'd bet triggertech is crisper after putting one in a bolt gun. I recommended triggertech for the large frame AR my brother is building.