• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need a new scope

Quackaddict

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2009
Minnesota
Hey guys, Im looking to put a new scope on a rem 700 build in 243, the rifle will be setup as a varmint rifle, but with the wealth of info here, figured it would be a good place to start asking.

Current options are

Zeiss 6.5-20
Bushnell 4200 6-24 "tactical"
Sightron SII 6-24

Exposed target turrets are a must, decent magnification, adjustment amount isnt a major factor, as the rifle is my 0-400 gun.

The optics in the Zeiss are nice, but its the most expensive. Anyone have any experience with the Sightron scopes? I would like to stay under 1k.

Re: Need a new scope

Might want to wait a month or so (hopefully) for the Viper PST. Kind of what I am doing... Has all the good stuff you are looking for and FFP for under your 1k price.

The monarchs are out because the 6-24 has 1/8 min clicks, I prefer 1/4 or 1/10 mil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EagleI79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have the cash get a Zeiss. </div></div>

Why not look at Leupold? If you look around im sure you can get a good used one for under 1k.

There is a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 target turrets and mil dot reticle demo for $850 at euro optics under the used scopes. Only think is its silver, but not that big of a deal.

I cant really comment on how good they are as I just got mine mounted and haven't had it out yet. I had a couple of small issues with mine before I mounted it(had fuzz on the lens inside) but it was taken care of by alex at euro optics. Anyways seems like it will be a decent scope.

I also have a bushnell 5-15x40 3200 tactical and its pretty nice to for the price. So I assume the 4200 is even better as it has illumination, 30mm tube and is FFP.

Cant comment on the Sightron

Neither the Bushnell or the Zeiss have alot of adjustment but a 20 or 30 moa base would most likely solve that problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mosdet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might want to wait a month or so (hopefully) for the Viper PST. Kind of what I am doing... Has all the good stuff you are looking for and FFP for under your 1k price. </div></div>

Quit telling everybody about the PST's, there wont be enough for all of us!
laugh.gif

You should buy the most scope you can afford. The stick is only as good as the glass.

Thats just the thing, between me and a friend we have 3 bushnells, all have given dependable service and have done exactly what we have needed, while I can afford any of the 3 I mentioned the bushnell would give me more money to tool up with a stock, dies, brass, trigger etc faster than if I laid out the cash for the zeiss.

The Sightron SIII series and the high-end Bushnell line are good scopes. But if you want to really make use of 24x you will have to step up and pay more.