• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need a new trigger

pistolpacknpete

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2012
Need a new trigger for my REM 700. At first I thought a Timney 510 was good for the price. Then I seen some post with rifles wearing the rifle basix. I don't know anything about them. Can someone give me some advice.I want to have it real light crisp and adjustable.This is a budget build by the way.

Re: need a new trigger

I swapped my pre-X triggered Rem. 700 with an L-1 K. I found this to be an extremely easy project and was a definite improvement over my factory trigger.

If this is a viable option for you....I would recommend it highly...great trigger and a great company backing their product( I lost a spring for a Savage SAV-1....they sent me a replacement for free.)

Good Luck,

Wayne

i just put timneys on my 308 and 338 lapua and love them, easy to install, and function great.

Timney here as well but from what I've read you can't go wrong with the Rifle Basix. Both companies seem to offer great trigger at a good price. I got the one that offered the best price at the time of purchase.

If u decide on Timney SWFA has a great price on the 510. Mine was back ordered but still got it in about 10 days.

Also have a rifle basix, use it in my ft/r rifle excellent value for money. Bought another for my practical rifle, reliable, good crisp pull, like the trigger shoe, I think they don't get the respect they deserve.

I ordered my Timney 510 direct from them (wanted a 2.5 lb. pull weight) and had it inside of a week that included Sat/Sun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midkansasguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NO one has anything on the rifle basix? </div></div>

My reply was about a Rifle Basix trigger for one of my Remington's. I have been extremely pleased with it...as I have also with my Timney. Either way..I think you'll be happy.

Wayne

I run jewell triggers on my rifles, I have seen some post of people saying they are not durable enough but I have yet to see any issues.

so are they adjustable? anyone have pictures? or model reccomendations

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RustyShackelferd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run jewell triggers on my rifles, I have seen some post of people saying they are not durable enough but I have yet to see any issues.</div></div>

I would give up shooting before I would put another Jewell in a tactical rifle. And if memory serves, there was a shooter at the K&M match recently that had an issue with a Jewell.

Take a look at Huber if you are comfortable with a two stage, otherwise Timney all the way.

so when ordering a timney, i would order it to a certain weight and i cant adjust that myself

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RustyShackelferd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run jewell triggers on my rifles, I have seen some post of people saying they are not durable enough but I have yet to see any issues.</div></div>

I would give up shooting before I would put another Jewell in a tactical rifle. And if memory serves, there was a shooter at the K&M match recently that had an issue with a Jewell. </div></div>

I would feel the same way if my jewell did fail me or if I saw one of my buddies fail. I hope I do not have to experience that.

Have a Timmey on my 223. Nice wide shoe which I like. From what I've read, jewels are very narrow. Can't say for RB.

The Timney is adjustable but I doubt you will need to. I believe the Rifle Basix is adjustable as well.

I like my RB. Very similar to the old style trigger in my older gun. I like the shoe a lot, and it's very crisp, no creep, and factory set at 2 lbs and works perfect!

I have this one on my .308 700 SA and I am in love with it. Breaks clean, feels fantastic, predictable, controllable even when doing sustained fire / multiple target drills. The texturing and shape are exactly what I needed. Breaks at 10 ounces, can be adjusted lower. Passes the slam test and the drop test. You can move the trigger itself to where it's right for you and your finger. Why did I wait so long?

http://www.eabco.com/store/products/Timn...es-2085-57.html