• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a quick answer

jbuck88

Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
Ok so I found a rifle at a gun shop while I was out of town with some freinds that aren't so pro-gun. Anyways I don't feel the need to press the issue with them, but it was a really great deal.

Now what are the shipping laws?

Can I buy the rifle, do the paperwork, then have the gunshop mail me the rifle so I don't have to bring it home in the car?

Or do I have to walk out of there with it?

I know a individual can ship a firearm to another individual within the same state, but how about a FFL?

Re: Need a quick answer

All states are different to some degree. You best answer would be found by calling the selling FFL and see what he can and will do.

Just walk out with it and tell your friends to fuck off. What are they scared of? you going nuts and taking them out? Dont buy ammo with it, if that makes them feel better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just walk out with it and tell your friends to fuck off. What are they scared of? you going nuts and taking them out? Dont buy ammo with it, if that makes them feel better. </div></div>

I'm still laughing at this reply. Well played sir; well played.

On a serious note, what would your friends say if you did walk out with a new rifle? Maybe you could get them into shooting and it won't be so scary for them. They were in the store with you so they can't be that bad, no?

You grow a set and buy the gun. If your friends are upset, fk em.

I know I can just them to shove it, but I have more respect then to talk to them like that. At least that is how I was raised, and choose to live my life. I will try the FFL tomorrow.

So you have respect for them but not enough for what you believe in to take a stand?? Congrats you are a sissy.

I am sorry that I was taught to respect others. I didn't know that was a bad thing. I guess I can just be a dick and force others to take my view on everything. WTF? Really? Seems pretty narrow minded to not be able to see others point of view, now if it was my car then it would be different. I don't feel like I need to justify my actions to anyone. As there is only one person that I answer to, and that isn't you.
I asked a simple queston about shipping a rifle, sorry if that was too hard to answer.

Can I buy the rifle, do the paperwork, then have the gunshop mail me the rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You grow a set and buy the gun. If your friends are upset, fk em. </div></div>

+1

Back when I was picking friends I made damn sure they were just as armed as I was, or even better.....so far they've all been solid, productive, and meaningful relationships.

Being a shooter and having antigun friends just doesn't compute......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I buy the rifle, do the paperwork, then have the gunshop mail me the rifle? </div></div>

You can have the selling FFL ship the rifle to another FFL on your end, providing the rifle is legal in your area.

You may owe transfer fees on both ends, and I'd expect to pay the shipping cost too.......

I dealer I want to purchase from is in my home state. It is legal, I am OK with shipping costs. But adding another FFL transfer fee and the BS washington laws that would make the 2nd dealer charge me sales tax on the rifle I already bought make that out of the quetion.

In washington a FFL is suppose to collect sales tax for all firearms he recieves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dealer I want to purchase from is in my home state. It is legal, I am OK with shipping costs. But adding another FFL transfer fee and the BS washington laws that would make the 2nd dealer charge me sales tax on the rifle I already bought make that out of the quetion.

In washington a FFL is suppose to collect sales tax for all firearms he recieves.</div></div>

Tis is why my FFL of choice is in Idaho.

It is more common now days in Alaska we get teachers up here from the lower 48 than grew in house holds with no guns what so ever. Please check your local laws & ask your dealer. By all means buy the gun and find a friend who has had guns in the past for advice & safety training. I get pretty upset at 23 year old kids trying to tell my 12 year old at school to be anti gun. I go up to the school and offer to take those teachers out shooting. You would not believe how many people we have got into shooting and enjoy it.

If they are a real friend they shouldn't mind you buying the gun. Just an FYI, you may need to find new friends. most people i come across that dont like guns, are not people i generally make friends with. Coincidence?? Not trying to be a dick, just making a statement.

You should have bought it. The money you saved could then have been used to buy your anti-gun friends some K-Y jelly.

Now you are wracked with angst about offending your friends, the rifle may be sold to a bolder buyer and if you can still get it it'll cost you much more...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
On a serious note, what would your friends say if you did walk out with a new rifle? Maybe you could get them into shooting and it won't be so scary for them. They were in the store with you so they can't be that bad, no? </div></div>

This.

Get them behind a rifle and let them see for themselves. Most anti-gunners have never even held a gun. I've 'converted' a number of people this way. The more people come into the fold, the fewer there are to work against us.

People who are offended by soulless objects have some wires crossed in their head. But anyways, just buy the gun and a hard case, put it in the car and lock it up. If that's too much for your pussy-assed friends to handle then take it to the closest fedex shipping center and fedex it to yourself for "pick up only". When you get home, go to the terminal it shipped to and pick it up.

Why do so many people insist on asking the right questions of the wrong people?

Go ahead and buy the firearm. Then it's yours, to do with as you please. If the FFL is willing, he can return/ship it to your address, or you can take it to the appropriate shipping center/Post Office and ship it yourself. Just remember to pick-up an inexpensive hard case or mailing box before hand. In the interest of making a sale, the Gun Shop shouldn't mind it if you take a few minutes to box & wrap the rifle, before leaving his place of business. The manufacturer's box may even be sufficient, so long as you put it in an "over-box" or wrap it in an inconspicuous outer paper.

Not to beat a dead horse, but you really should reconsider your personal relationships. This respect you mention is not only for your "friends" opinions and sensibilities, but expected from them, as it relates toward you.
Good luck with the buy. I hope it's still there when you go back to get it.

I have been wanting to buy some camo boxers but all my gay Friends want me to wear a bra and panties. I was raised to be polite and do what people tell me to because they know better than I do. So should I have my mom hide the boxers so they won't know, or just not buy them at all?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sorry that I was taught to respect others. I didn't know that was a bad thing. I guess I can just be a dick and force others to take my view on everything. WTF? Really? Seems pretty narrow minded to not be able to see others point of view, now if it was my car then it would be different. I don't feel like I need to justify my actions to anyone. As there is only one person that I answer to, and that isn't you.
I asked a simple queston about shipping a rifle, sorry if that was too hard to answer. </div></div>

I know you respect them enough to NOT buy it but do they respect you enough to ALLOW you to buy it. To me its a no brainer...BUY THE DAMN THING and deal with them later and like someone else said...maybe you can enlighten them on the finer things in life besides drinking wine and checking out craft stores. I bet they will thank you later for helping them better them selves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RebelYell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I know you respect them enough to NOT buy it but do they respect you enough to ALLOW you to buy it. </div></div>

WINNER!