• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes need a scope

Minarix

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2012
US
been researching around, and according to the chart on a thread i found on Snipers hide, i would be wanting a mid range scope, about a 22x variable zoom for 100-1k yards.

i will be shooting mostly around 11am-5pm so there will be alot of lighting. i will mostly be shooting in the south eastern areas of georgia, where it gets pretty hot and humid.

budget, i would like to go cheap as possible, but when it comes to your scope, most of the time you get what you pay for, my max budget will prob be around $1,300, the same price i paid for my reming 700 5r .308

i was looking at some nightforces but i don't really want to fork over $1,600 for a first time buy as a new shooter. I would prefer windage knobs etc.

thanks in advance.

Re: need a scope

I'm a georgia hunter, and very happy with my IOR Valdada 3-18x42 it's a hell of a scope. Normally around 1700 but I got it on sale for 1300, and I think it is still on sale at the site.
http://www.valdada.com/scopes/hunting-sc...minated-reticle

I know said mid-range, but I have killed a LOT of trophy bucks and my longest shot to date is 75 yards, and most have been under 40. haveing the 3x is very nice for that. plus, one of big buck I shot on foot while walking back the truck, jumped him from bed and snapped the shot on him right in the heart at 10 yards! can only make those shots with a wide view.

if you insist on long they also have a 6-24x50 in the closeout section

I like the scope so much I bought another one.

Check the forsale section on the hide you should have no problem finding one for $1,300. Get matching reticle and adjustment mil/mil moa/moa. Zero stop and ffp wod be nice.

$1300 go used nightforce, for a bit more than 1/2 that you can get a vortex pst which has many features for the money.

will have to look into the vortex, i'm abit hesitant when it comes to buying used, from online strangers :p

This gun/scope witll be strictly target shooting. but i'll look into their tactical scopes.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ivan R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a georgia hunter, and very happy with my IOR Valdada 3-18x42 it's a hell of a scope. Normally around 1700 but I got it on sale for 1300, and I think it is still on sale at the site.
http://www.valdada.com/scopes/hunting-sc...minated-reticle

I know said mid-range, but I have killed a LOT of trophy bucks and my longest shot to date is 75 yards, and most have been under 40. haveing the 3x is very nice for that. plus, one of big buck I shot on foot while walking back the truck, jumped him from bed and snapped the shot on him right in the heart at 10 yards! can only make those shots with a wide view.

if you insist on long they also have a 6-24x50 in the closeout section

I like the scope so much I bought another one. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minarix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vort...reticle/reticle

thinking of going with this one here, from watching the vid i can luminate the reticle which sounds like it would help me alot due to vision problems. anyon have personal experience with this scope.? </div></div>

Vortex would serve you well.....

In my experience here members on the Hide are 99.99% straight up. I wouldn't worry too much about buying from members here. Just keep in mind the used price vs new price. If you only saving $100 for a 5 year old scope I would just buy a new one and have full warranty. Don't be afraid to out spend the rifle either. A quality scope holds it's value nicely and it's not welded to the rifle so it'll last you a lifetime.

thanks for the advice, and yea chiller mirages get pretty damn bad down here, even when driving down the highway, i think i'll snag me up the vortex in the next few weeks, and if it turns out i don't like it/works for me i know a few people who might snag it off of me.

Vortex PST 2.5-10x44 MOA reticle, enough magnification for mid range and wide field of view on 2.5x I use one and it's a nice scope for the price ( $599 )

The Bushnell with the G2DMR or the Vortex PST would be two great ways to go.

Nightforce scopes are ROCK SOLID. They will take a lot of abuse and give it back.

We have most of them in stock.

Mike @ CST

I have the PST 4-16. Very good scope. But I am replacing it with the HDMR G2. The glass is better and the reticle is amazing. I have yet to actually USE the illumination on my Viper in 1 1/5 years, so, it's not a requirement for me anymore.

Just put a vortex pst 2.5-10 mil/mil on my rifle and am very happy with it. I use my rifle for target shooting and hunting so a 2.5-10 works really well. The glass is good, the tracking is great and the matching reticle and turrets makes things easy. The only problem is I now want all my scopes to be mil/mil.

I have two scopes that you are looking for:

I have the Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 with GDMR2 reticle $1150 and Leupold Mk4 6.5-20 TMR reticle $1200. I love them both, but have just encored a lot of expenses and have to sell some of my toys. I saw where you are leery about buying from someone on SH, but as Mr. JOSHUA said, anyone who wants to stay on the hide isn't going to do anything stupid. From my experience, everyone on the hide is cool

I have two scopes that you are looking for:

I have the Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21 with GDMR2 reticle $1150 and Leupold Mk4 6.5-20 TMR reticle $1200. I love them both, but have just encored a lot of expenses and have to sell some of my toys. I saw where you are leery about buying from someone on SH, but as Mr. JOSHUA said, anyone who wants to stay on the hide isn't going to do anything stupid. From my experience, everyone on the hide is cool

PM if you are interested