• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need advice on a bubble level.. 36mm ring

Jimmy D in AK

Myrmidon
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Alaska (AK)
Hey, Fellas

I've recently switched to Zero Comp scopes that run a 36mm tube, while scope mounts are not a problem- I'm finding it difficult to find a 36mm scope mounted bubble level. Due to a head/spinal cord injury; my sense of balance is no longer good enough to trust, I need a mechanical backup. I really liked the Accuracy 1st ones I had on my previous 34mm scope tubes but I can't modify them enough to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have these on 3 of my rifles and they have been great

Last edited:
Get an MPA chassis. Bubble is built in, just glance down. The scope mount might be a little cheaper..

The 36mm have a bubble in them as well, Instock, US made.

But can you see that level? Isnt it tough to see because of the eyepiece and mag ring? I have read of poor visibilty of it on the SPURH mounts.

I run the Hawkins rings on my rifles, they make a 36mm... They also make a one piece set. The level is easy to see. The ring, SPURH or pic rail options all work well unless you choose to not mount your scope reticle level to the action, then you will need the MK level.

I have these on 3 of my rifles and they have been great
+1...if it fits.

I ordered a ZCO but it won't come until April or May. Photos I see don't show a lot of room.

I am looking to see what others do

Last edited:
Reactions: Lite
These won't work quite right if using ARC low (.94in). It'll fit under the tube but if you have to move the scope further back for eye relief, there no more room.

Wish Flatline would make the tube diameter bubble level in 36mm

These won't work quite right if using ARC low (.94in). It'll fit under the tube but if you have to move the scope further back for eye relief, there no more room.

CSTactical has the Flatline Ops 36mm levels on order, should be in any day now.

Well, you might be in luck around the start of March 😉

If you are going to use a level attach to your scope and make sure it lines up with your reticle.

If you set up with a plumb line why bother?

Does your rifle fit your body when its level? Im betting it doesnt.

Only thing that has to be level is your reticle....your eye can do a pretty good job of ensuring its level after you have set it with a plumb line.

I read somewhere on the Hide that a bubble level isn't needed. In fact, if I sign up for one of Frank's ELR seminar/classes I'm going to disguise mine as a range card holder.:D

CSTactical has the Flatline Ops 36mm levels on order, should be in any day now.

Well, you might be in luck around the start of March 😉
I emailed Flatline Ops and got a reply. Looks like their HaloX is coming out in 36mm. But not the Sniper series. I prefer the sniper series for ease of tuning.

But the HaloX will have to do for now. It does look nice with the low profile look.

Tier one makes some sweet rings that are really good and have a level in them, so do other top tier manufacturers. I run a rail level I got from mk machinery that works like a champ also. You have options, it's just a matter of what you prefer.

They have that kind in 36mm that will fit your scope, and also rings/mount.

Alright, alright. Anyone needs a 36mm level I'll send em one for free. You like it, find it satisfactory, you can buy it. You don't and you can ship 'er back.

You need less than 1/8" clearance scope to rail to sit on your scope when mounted, and well less than 1/4" to mount with optic on the rifle.

Takes right at 1/2" of tube. Shipped around 30 today from this weekend's orders, I am exceptionally confident in customer satisfaction.

Reactions: ACard
I already have rings and the Hawkins sit higher than I like. The ARC rings are the lowest I can find for 36mm tube.

Also their bubble level is at the bottom, no experience, but seems useless like the one on the Spuhr.