• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need advice on Larue compatible 6.5 Creedmore upper…

ZA206

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2014
I’ve got a 16“ PredatOBR in 308 Win and I’m looking to buy/build a 6.5 Creedmore upper for it.
Obviously, the easiest thing to do is simply buy a LaRue upper in the caliber I’d like, but I do love building my own.

Any suggestions for uppers/handguards/BCG’s that are compatible?
I was thinking of getting a Bartlein/Kreiger/Proof barrel if I was building it myself, and I’ve built tons of AR rifles, so I know what to do.

Thanks

ZA

Here's how the Stag 10 lines up.
IMG_3077.jpeg

Reactions: BCP
I was going to just get the 22” Larue upper for $1599, now that they are $1999 I’m reconsidering. At this point, I’m looking for suggestions on upper receiver components that will mate up well with my LaRue
lower using a nice Bartlein/Proof/Kreiger barrel.

Reactions: MR. MRAD
Here is what I'm thinking about building to go on my existing LaRue lower, comments/critique welcome....
I'd really have preferred a LaRue upper/handguard combo, but I don't think they sell them.

308 Large frame Stag upper receiver
Superlative Arms adjustable gas block
JP Low mass 308 BCG with high pressure bolt
Raptor LT charging handle
ZEV large frame wedge lock 16-5/8" MLOK handguard
22" +2" 6.5CM barrel from Compass Lake (Bart/Krieger) or Proof

-ZA

Another upper will turn into a second rifle.
Dont limit yourself

I wound up building an entire new rifle using an Aero lower and Aero M5 enhanced upper with a Proof CF barrel.

IMG_0356.jpeg

Reactions: J-Fonz and msgriff
Breaking in the barrel and fire forming some Peterson brass with 120 SMK blems the other weekend. It loves factory Hornady 147 and Berger 130 OTM loadings.

I’ve got an assortment of nice bullets and Staball 6.5 and H4350 to tinker around with to find some things it really likes.

IMG_1227.jpeg