• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need advice on mounting my Aimpoint T-1

Shoottothrill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2012
Arizona
Do I need a Mount for my Aimpoint T-1? It's going on my Knights SR-15, or can I just mount directly to my rail? Will it be too low that way?

Re: Need advice on mounting my Aimpoint T-1

It's going to be too low. Lot of options for the T1. I really like the absolute co-witness mount from Larue, rugged, but minimalist design. Lock-up is solid and reliable.

I have the LaRue cowitness mount on one as well. I have the VFZ model which is cheaper and I never take the optic off. Mounting right on the rail is way too low.

I use the LT-660 which is the lower 1/3 co witness. It puts the irons in the lower 1/3 of the view. I like this set up as it less cluttered, in my opinion than the absolute co-witness.

Daniel defense makes a nice one also. Not qd though, but very light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the LT-660 which is the lower 1/3 co witness. It puts the irons in the lower 1/3 of the view. I like this set up as it less cluttered, in my opinion than the absolute co-witness. </div></div>

This is what I use as well. Works great.

There is an Aimpoint branded spacer, that would allow you to use your current mount, if you want. There's also American Defense, KAC, and Seekins. The Daniel Defense is probably the best bang for the buck and is also very light (not QD though if that matters).

Decide the height you want and take your pick.

The only two Micro mounts I would ever use are the LaRue and ADM. I personally use the LT660, and would encourage most anyone who is newer to these to go with a lower 1/3 cowitness. The head positioning is better and if you are running a fixed FSP, you have less of your FOV obscurred/obstructed.

KAC would be cool on a KAC rifle. I like the ADM mounts though for the money.