• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need advice on my 22-250

butcher307

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2008
Cody Wyoming
Hy guys I AM HAVING A HARD TIME DECIDING WHAT BREAK TO PUT ON MY 22-250 Its a savage model 12 what is your guys recommendations on a break the thruster or the shrewd or any others thanks for your time.

Re: need advice on my 22-250

get one that works well.....lots of opinions here, but go with what has worked well for others.....

A badger thruster has served me well on my .243. Do you want a brake that is blended with your barrel contour or one that isn't, like the Badger FTE? Knowing that could narrow your options.

I had a shrewd on my lvsf, I worked pretty well on such a light gun but there may be better options, but I havent tried any others.

I put a JP Tactical brake on my Ruger 22-250. EAB Co did it. very reasonable, and it took about 3 weeks to get it back. It really changed POI, and I had to completely redo my load after I got it back tho. It's back to its previous accuracy after a couple days of load workup. Made a big difference in my ability to watch targets go down thru the scope.