• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need advice on scope purchase for AR-10

gunsandgear

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2018
I am looking to put glass on an AR-10. Mainly going to be used on targets from 100-800 yards. Initially I wanted a Gen 2 Razor 3-18 or 4.5-27 but I've seen alot of people complain about the weight and considering that is exactly how I feel about the Razor 1-6 I already have, I'm a bit Razor averse. I've also looked into the MK6 a bit but I've seen conflicting reviews on it. Please let me know what other information would be useful.

Budget: Up to $2,000

Requirements: FFP, Mil/Mil, Top end (useable) 15x or greater

Preferences:
-Christmas tree or Horus style reticle are what I am partial to as of now
-Open to reticles similar to the Bushnell G3 or Steiner SCR
-Would like illumination

Last edited:
https://www.eurooptic.com/Steiner-M...or-II-34mm-Scope-8706-TremorII-Blemished.aspx
Just looked again at Steiners. They are $2,400.
I am looking to put glass on an AR-10. Mainly going to be used on targets from 100-800 yards. Please let me know what other information would be useful.

Preferences:
-Christmas tree or Horus style reticle
-Potentially open to the Bushnell G3 style reticle or Steiner SCR
-Would like illumination

I am looking to put glass on an AR-10. Mainly going to be used on targets from 100-800 yards. Please let me know what other information would be useful.

Preferences:
-Christmas tree or Horus style reticle
-Potentially open to the Bushnell G3 style reticle or Steiner SCR
-Would like illumination

Here is another high end Japonese scope for your consideration.

Thank you for the replies. I didn't even realize PA offered higher end high magnification glass. I'll have to read some reviews on that scope

I have PA Platinum. It’s pretty good, but I did have to make use of their excellent warranty and customer service. It’s not a Razor Gen II or an AMG, but it’s $1000 less expensive. It does track well, but do a tall target test and get a scaling factor. The reticle is thick compared to the $2500 Vortex scopes, but it does work.

If the AMG is in your budget, you won’t regret it. It’s a lot lighter than the Gen II Razor.

It's always tough deciding between something like a lighter 1x6 or something a bit heavier but with more mag on a gun like that. I would say think about how you will realistically be shooting it most of the time and factor that in. The new NF 1x8s both look pretty good to me but the price is NF. Me personally for an AR10 would like a mk8 with the h27 but those are rediculous price wise. I would try a Primary Arms for sure if you find a reticle you like.

I use the S&B 5-25 with the Gen2 XR reticle on my AR10. You can find them used for not much more than what your budget is and it works really well on the AR10

I’m a huge razor fan and I’m happy to put up with the weigh, but I’m an moa guy and the ebr-2 is about the best ffp moa reticle I’ve found. The mil guys have many better choices. :(