• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEED ADVICE: Private Range Shut Down by Sherif

Re: NEED ADVICE: Private Range Shut Down by Sherif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The contract for his land states he can live there until death then after his death the land will go back to our family.</div></div>

hmmmm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beretta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker your wrong,A life estate will require permission to sell the property.Rental agreements do not usually survive closing s because tenants are moved out prior to closing s.Nothing survives a closing unless you pay in court and winning some small payment in court and to spend 5000 to get 1000 isn't a win.I have bought and sold more property than I can remember.Even been screwed by attorneys and unless you have been involved in litigation in court keep your school books theory just that theory.No offence to you understand but I have lost thousands dealing with this and sometimes it's better to understand your options legally and financially by a good lawyer.Small towns and courts and can go very badly in this type situation.Life estates are powerful contracts and one that would be best approached very smartly when dealing with people.Like I said I went to court and paid for my uncle we lost due to a public safety clause.Which I believe can be applied anywhere now especially with firearms.We have people in the woods,animals in the woods ,and bullets can fly for miles was the judges remark and I can't guarantee a stray bullet would not impact the neighbours home or animals.We were shooting into a earthen berm with heavy logs as a back stop.I was pissed but what can you do . </div></div>

No, Tenants are NOT always moved prior to sale and yes you can sell a property as a life tenant in possession of a life estate. Life Tenants have ownership interest in the property. If they sell a Life Estate property the Life Estate still exists dependent on the measuring life and returning when that measuring life passes. It's then an estate in remainder. And if nothing survived in court then how do you explain easements, covenants, mineral right contracts, timber contracts, leases of ANY form, and I can go on and on and on. I'm glad you went to court and had an attorney and whatever... but that's like saying because you've purchased a house your now an expert in contract and real estate law. I don't know who's feeding you this misinformation that nothing survives a closing and you can simply sell a property and erase and previous contracts and or recorded title changes, but it's exactly that... misinformation.

Beretta I'm not telling you this not to be a dick or because I stayed a Holiday Inn last night. And yes, I acknowledge you've bought and sold homes, but that doesn't mean because I've represented myself in court several times that I'm now an Attorney and expert in the law. Look at my handle and ask yourself if maybe I'm not Monday Night Quarterbacking or if I'm speaking in a professional capacity with vast knowledge of the subject.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The contract for his land states he can live there until death then after his death the land will go back to our family.</div></div>

hmmmm </div></div>

Are you thinking shoot, shovel and shut up?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOUGHGUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The contract for his land states he can live there until death then after his death the land will go back to our family.</div></div>

hmmmm </div></div>

Are you thinking shoot, shovel and shut up?
grin.gif
</div></div>

accidents happen

My bets are that the facts were misrepresented or inflated. Often the person who shouts first is the one who loses. I can think of one scenario where visiting your grandparents hat in hand and apologizing for the rucus and see if there is anything you could do to be respectful to the neighbor and retain the right to shoot. Explain that you didn't mean to start a fight but when you went to discuss the issue with the caretaker that any dialog was futile in the condition he was in. Tact goes a long way. These cowboys talking all the stuff you need to do to retaliate is exactly why we are seeing more and more laws and gun haters.