• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Advice- Savage 10BA LE or Rem 700 Milspec 5r

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
Both are 308-- Savage 1-10 twist Rem 1-11.25

Savage $1700 Rem $1050 plus a McMilian or Manners

What advice can you offer in regards to this purchase?

Thanks

Re: Need Advice- Savage 10BA LE or Rem 700 Milspec 5r

rem, you will likely replace the trigger, but the sale of the 1st stock will cover that, proportional resale will be better than the savage, all stainless is nice

savage may still have the edge as an out of the box finished product for the price, if you like the trigger and the stock and want the brake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Training Wheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither

10 FCP McMillan

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/ </div></div>

no DBM on that, better to get a stock that already has it, if that is what you want

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Training Wheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither

10 FCP McMillan

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/ </div></div>

no DBM on that, better to get a stock that already has it, if that is what you want </div></div>

?? Sure is a dbm...

own the BA, the best production rifle I've owned so far. Had issues with the stock shortly after, Savage up graded to the Magpul free of charge. Can't help with the current Remington offering's. Haven't seen anything to spark my interest from ole green in years, but the 300 blackout offerings show promise.

I own a 10 BA as well and to date I have not owned or seen a more accurate rifle out of the box.

My vote is for the 10BA.

Check buds guns savage 19055. 10FCP special production with 5r rifling11.25 twist.