• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need an AR stock with a decent recoil pad

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
I picked up an AR in 458 SOCOM and it beats the hell out of you. It's not so much the recoil it's the stock pad or lack thereof. It has a mil-spec tube. I'm looking for a stock that has a nice, friendly recoil pad or at least one that you can see with the naked eye. I've just about gone nutz, go figure, browsing through the myriad of stocks to the point they all look the same. Does anyone here have a stupid rifle like this one and can recommend buttstock?

No experience with them, but fab defense makes some with cushy looking pads.

My seekins 10x is lots softer than my magpul prs but it runs on a rifle tube.

I need additional LOP and have medical related recoil limitations. My strenum was opened for heart surgery, and has (as of two weeks ago), been repaired twice.

I use the 1" Limbsaver Slip-On Recoil pad. I also put 6mm spacers under it, traced onto 6mm (1/4" nominal) Foamies Neoprene foam pads from the existing recoil pad, to add more LOP and reduce the recoil impulse further. The Slip-On is secured with 2" electrical Tape. The Foamies Sheets can also be used for cheek Pads.

Essentially no (affordable) commercial stock fits me. At 6 1/2 ft Height, my LOP works out to 16-16 1/2".

Greg

Another vote for the limb saver on a CTR/MOE. I'm a bit recoil shy and didn't enjoy shooting my 308 with the factory stock. I added a tubbs 308 spring and limbsaver pad to my CTR and together they made a huge difference.

HYG, JoeBobsoutfitters has what you are looking for....FWIW, I use one on my 16" .308Win carbine, made a huge difference in felt recoil & control from the previous MFT Minimalist stock.

1630200024248.png

Hydraulic buffer? Used an enydyne on my 50 beowulf entry gun.

HYG, JoeBobsoutfitters has what you are looking for....FWIW, I use one on my 16" .308Win carbine, made a huge difference in felt recoil & control from the previous MFT Minimalist stock.

View attachment 7693121
Well, that was easy. I got the tungsten buffer with it too. Thanks. $30.00 is less than the cost of the recoil pad by itself most of the time.