• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need bipod recommendation

ggreen57

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2020
Just picked up a Bergara B14R and want to get a bipod for it. I was looking at the Atlas BT65-LW17 Gen. 2 CAL Bipod. I have a Harris on my Savage MK II. I want to shoot ELR and NRL22. I will probably use a picatinny attachment but I am open to options. What are you guys using and and any guidance would be appreciated. I have never owned a Atlas.

I really like my atlas psr on a arca rail. I am able to adjust the footprint of my bipod and bag to fit lots of obstacles or slide it off quickly for off hand or that frickin ladder so it is easier to fish thru holes.

I really like my atlas psr on a arca rail. I am able to adjust the footprint of my bipod and bag to fit lots of obstacles or slide it off quickly for off hand or that frickin ladder so it is easier to fish thru holes.
Is your rifle on a chassis? I gues there is a arca rail adapter I could attach to my stock. I like the idea of quickly removing the bipod and also attaching a bag.

Is your rifle on a chassis? I gues there is a arca rail adapter I could attach to my stock. I like the idea of quickly removing the bipod and also attaching a bag.
You could use a long arca rail with the first mounting point being a longer receiver screw and have the advantage of leaving bag and bipod on there at the same time. Area 419 sells a rail like that.

You could use a long arca rail with the first mounting point being a longer receiver screw and have the advantage of leaving bag and bipod on there at the same time. Area 419 sells a rail like that.
Yeah, a lot of mounting options to look at. Thanks.

I like my ckye pod. It is very adjustable including determining how tight or loose you want the pan and tilt features. The other nice thing is having the legs quickly deploy for prone shots when you have the leg height wrong during a stage. The legs also can swing out to get the rifle lower which has actually come in handy on a bench when shooting 200 yards w a 22 bc otherwise I was hitting the baffles. The bipod can rotate and serve as a barricade stop.
You can get a pic or an arca head as well for it. I have the pic head and am about to get the arca head. For the extra 100 bucks, I think it's worth it. If you wait for MDTs black Friday sale, you can get them for a lot less

I’ll put in a plus for ThunderBeast Arms. It’s lightweight but very strong, made in Cheyenne and easy to adjust when you are on the clock. You have your choice of mounting interface. I use it on a pair of 16 lb behemoths and it holds them at 45 degrees, fully extended, no problem.

The Cal is a good choice. You can’t go wrong with anything from B&T. I personally love my Ckye pod tho for the range of adjustability and huge amount of options for running it. Also if you can, I’d go with an arca rail set up for ease of having a lot more adjustability when it comes to moving your bipod forward and backwards.

I prefer tbac. It’s what a harris should be. Quick deploy and adjust on the clock with very good stability. I like the cal as well, but the tbac is better for dynamic situations.

IMO the ckyepod is better suited as a field match bipod in uneven and random terrain. I’d be running one if I was doing those matches often.

Reactions: Holliday