• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Need dimensions of Tikka T3 barrel shank

reddog

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2010
KY
I.m getting ready to chamber my first barrel using a T3 receiver which I bought on the classifieds. As I didn't get a barrel with the receiver I need, major thread dia. , tpi, thread length, cone taper, etc. Or if someone has a drawing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dave

Re: Need dementions of Tikka T3 barrel shank

If you can't look at it and measure what you need to make are you sure you should be making it.

I can figure it out but I'd like some confirmation.

Threads are 1"-16 but I can't remember the rest. It has no cone though. If you machine your shank length so you have about .015" clearance between the front of the bolt ring and the breech face of the barrel you'll be fine. I rethreaded a Douglas heavy from a 700 for mine.