• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need glock night sights installed

slothlacrosse

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
CENTCOM
I just got my night sights for my G21. I'm looking for someone who can swap out the sights.

I'd rather pay someone instead of potentially fucking up the finish on my slide.

I live in Waldorf, and wouldn't mind dropping shipping it to someone but I'd like to find someone in the DC/Balt/Nova area.

Please don't recommend Fred's in Waldorf. I'd rather spend my money with a vendor on the site (and someone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together).

Re: Need glock night sights installed

my .02
buy a sight installation tool and do it yourself
if you send it off and have it done and your poa/poi
are off you will have to resend it off again
easier to just buy the tools

I'm not looking to spend $100 for something I will only do once

1. Buy a sight tool as recommended above.

. . . but since you don't want to,

2. Search around for a police supply retailer in the area that sells Glock. Issue is, since you didn't buy the sights from them, they will probably charge you $100 (so buy the sight tool).

Kevin

You can't "fuck up a finish" by using a sight tool. How many Glocks do you have? I think a sight tool is a good thing to have - you can swap sights/add them to new guns at will. It's also easy to use.

Dude, a 12 year old girl could properly change out the sights.

cmon Dude..really?

im just sayin...

Just about any gunshop with a gunsmith, and even some without, will have the tool to change out Glock sights.

Most only charge in the $25 range to do that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> something I will only do once </div></div>

If i had learned long ago to just buy the tools rather than paying some monkey behind the counter to do it I would have A lot more cash in my pocket

You guys crack me up!

You do in fact need the socket for the front screw, but a vise with soft jaws and/or a brass punch and hammer is all that's required for the rear.

Two "tricks":

1. Don't over torque the screw.

2. Rear sight goes OUT from left to right, and IN right to left, as viewed from behind.

Mess up a Tenifer finish?

Good luck, you've gotta try (hard) to do that.

I used a plastic screw driver handel and a hammer to swap mine out.

Lol $100.00 to swap out sights love it. Now if I was going to be doing lots of them then yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seanh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make your own...or

about 60 bucks...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handgun-Front-Re...=item27cf727817</div></div>

That's the one I got, but someone was selling a used one and snagged it for 29 i think. Got a front sight tool as well for 12 I think. The Gen 3 G34 needed to have the access hole opened up a little bit for the tool I have, but it was a piece of cake.

Now I've got the tools and don't have to worry about it ever again.

Build or buy the tools. It's too easy of a task to pay someone else to do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys crack me up!

<span style="font-weight: bold">2. Rear sight goes OUT from left to right, and IN right to left, as viewed from behind.</span>

</div></div>

Glock rear sight doesn't matter which way it goes out or in.

To the OP, depending on the type of sights you have, I could probably get it done for you if you pay the shiping both ways. I couldn't guanrantee that it would be perfectly zeroed, unless I spent some time and ammo at the range.

If you don't find someone local, I'm in SE Va. and can put them on for you provided you pay shipping both ways. The slide should fit into a USPS small flat rate, add delivery confirmation and should be right at 6 bucks one way. You could either include a USPS money order for the same in in return or cash would work. I would advise to add insurance both ways also just in case, should only about 5-8 more I'm guessing. I won't charge to do it. I have the rear sight tool and the hexagonal driver for the front. I use at least blue loc-tite on mine and have done red on the front for my trainer which has well over 50k through it, no worries.

Let me know if you need help. And by the way-134+ on feedback with AR15, so it will make it back to you.
Personally, I would save towards the tools and then you have them for the future, with shipping and insurance, you are a good way there.

Mark

Find a Glock match close by. There will be someone there that will have all the stuff to do it. It's a simple tool to use and it's handy to have for pushing sights for sighting in too. There is usually a glock armorer at their matches or if informal one of the glock guys will fix you up. Takes about three minutes on a glock with the right equipment!