• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Need gunsmith to work on 308

gerryb03

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2011
I have a 22 inch 308 I picked up in trade and I think a good gunsmith could make it a shooter. Remington action kind of has the m40 look. I am not sure what kind of barrel it is but if you guys give me a guy who is a supporter of the site I would be happy to have one of them do it. I have mostly hunting guns and this is more for steel shooting.
Thanks

Check out Chad Dixon at LongRiflesInc.
He does amazing work. He has built five rifles for me on a variety of actions and I have been very pleased with them. He is now the only one I will send things to no matter how small the job. Even with shipping time I get my stuff back faster than going to a local smith. Here is his contact info.

longriflesinc.com

605-490-2561

[email protected]

I am glad that you posted this. I also have a 308 that I have been trying to get some work done on. Many of the smiths that I have left messages for or emailed didn't reply. Thanks for the post and I look forward to seeing what other smiths are recommended.
Ken

Check out JD Thomas at High Speed Shooting Systems. He is here on the 'Hide as HSSS. He has done a bunch of really good work for me.

AJ Brown Arms is building me another 260 rem. You will not be disappointed! I've called on several occasions and he answered the phone or called me back the same day. He gave me a 4 month lead time in Dec. 2012. He is very knowledgeable and will gladly answer any questions you have. His prices are reasonable too! I have talked to several other gunsmiths and all of them had nothing but great thing to say about Mr. Brown. Check out the article about 1/4" rifles.

Just a heads up. We are running behind a bit and the phones have suffered a bit as a result. I've added some major pieces of equipment to our machine shop. Its been a long 3 weeks, but the payout started this evening. Receivers are looking mighty nice.

Its going to be a hectic next couple weeks getting caught back up, but the long haul says its worth it.

Be glad to help and will try to catch the phones/emails.

C.

Charley Robertson's Score High Gunsmiths in ABQ does good work on 700's. He tuned one for me and did an excellent job.