• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Need gunsmith!!

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I am looking for a good Gunsmith that mainly specializes in building custom long range guns. I have a gun I need built.I live in western PA but anyone in Eastern OH would be fine cuz I live right on the border. If I have to make a drive no big deal to me. I have all the parts which include:

<span style="font-style: italic">.300 Win. Mag.</span>
Mcmillan A-5 Stock -Desert camo,sniper fill,adj int. cheek, etc
Badger M-5 Bottom metal
Surgeon KMW bolt knob
Badger FTE muzzle brake
Krieger MTU 26" bbl 1-10 twist (need to order)
Need trigger tuned down to 2.5lbs
Install Surgeon RLR long action
Bed action to stock
Badger titanium recoil lug
Need all metal painted Cerakote Flat Dark Earth
Badger Ordnance USMC rings
Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS OPTIC
Harris bi-pod

Re: Need gunsmith!!

Does the smith HAVE to be within driving distance or is that just prefered? And If I were you I may start looking around on the net for a barrel, krieger is 3-4 months out.

I would prefer driving distance just because of the hassle of sending everything thru the mail. But if the quality of work is that good mailing is no problem.

Then I would try Louisiana precision arms. Talk to Roscoe (He is the owner/operator/tester/phone answering/gunsmith.)
His work is most definitly worth your shipping.

Since you have all the parts, just ship it to a good smith of your choosing. Send it insured by UPS in a hard guncase in a cardboard box. If they ask, tell them you are sending your rifle for repair work - It's not difficult at all!!!

I live in Western PA and have done this on 2 custom builds by APA (Patriot Arms). No hassles on either!!!

There are many good smiths on this site that would be happy to build your rifle.

I have used 2 from here, and they're work was top notch: APA(Patriot Arms) and GAP.