• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help. Barrett MRAD scope elevation problem

stan462

Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
Las Vegas
One of my snipers from another police agency purchased a 308 Cal Barrett MRAD with a 30 minute rail. He has a USO SN3 scope with low rings that he tried to mount on his new rifle. The problem trying to get a 100 yrd Zero, there is not enough elevation in the scope. Do anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of getting a 30 MOA one piece and turning it the opposite way. Do anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it sounds like you will need Barrett ExRings. They will help maximize internal elevation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The USO should work fine with the setup he is using if the scope has at least 60 moa, you are only talking about a 30 moa base. You don't state the total elevation moa of his scope, but I hope it's at least 60 moa total. If total elevation is less than 60 moa on his scope, it will not allow him to obtain a 100 yard zero with his cross hairs dead centered on target. He would end up having to do a hold over or just zero at 200 yards instead. Just say If scope has at least 60 moa elevation, all he needs to do is adjust his elevation reticle back to center in the scope. For example just say the scope has 90 moa of elevation total, take 90/2=45 moa to roughly center reticle in scope. Some scopes may not be dead centered but this will give him a starting point to work on his 100 yard zero, once centered at 45 moa you can add back in 30 moa for base and you have a total of 75 moa total up and 15 down elevation. Have him make sure the zero stop is off, if that is an option on his scope as Poison123 stated above. Also no flipping of bases/ slope of base going wrong direction, will not work. Was this scope already pre zeroed on another rifle?
Good Luck

Last edited:
He could use a set of Ex Rings flipped around backwards (front ring becomes rear ring and each ring is reversed). The 15/40 MOA set would work fine. I'd shitcan any scope I had with less than 60moa adjustment, personally.