• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help choosing the right scope!!

Voodoo0311

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2020
Hello all-
I am new to precision shooting but very familiar with marksmanship on a fundamental level having spent four years in a rifle company Fox 2/8 and a 4 time expert qualifier. But I have little understanding of long range precision shooting. I recently purchased a Remington 700 sps aac sd .308 and now I’m ready to search out the most appropriate scope for it. I am wanting a scope for hunting but also tactical style target acquisition out to 1000meters. I live at elevation 7200’ in a dry and arid environment. If that even matters?? I am willing to spend up to $1200.00. I need help deciding FFP vs SFP MOA vs MIL and so on that is geared more towards this style of shooting. Please help as I only have a basic knowledge of rifle scopes and their intended use but ready to learn. Thanks again!!

Last edited: