• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help for aftermarket stock fix for Savage 10

tl511

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2011
Ohio
I thought I came across someone possibly on this forum who was able to fit an aftermarket (maybe HS Precision?) stock on a newer model Savage 10 Accustock model? (I have Savage 10 Precision Carbine)

Apparently no one's current aftermarket stocks will work with Savage's newer line of gun that come with Accustocks. Or has that changed?

I wanted to pick up this stock.
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-403/aluminum-bedded-savage-stock/Detail

Lady at StockyStocks told me it wouldn't fit an Accustock gun. But I am pretty sure someone got one and just made some minor filing on the metal and it worked.

Anyone here with knowledge about this process?

Re: Need help for aftermarket stock fix for Savage 10

The action screw spacing on the accu-stock model is identical to the spacing on the new, non-accu-stock model. You won't need the foremost screw, since that is the wedge screw.

The issue is the new, fucked up location for the bolt release.

My suggestion: Go with stockade gun stocks.
http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/

Kevin is a Savage guru, builds very nice stocks and can point you in the right direction.

I have a accustock wedge 10pc, I put it in a manners t5 that was inletted for the 4.4 spacing. As the post above says I had to inlet a portion for the bottom bolt release tab. However my stock is all fiberglass with no aluminum bedding block so it was a simple fix. I'm sure a competent gunsmith with the right tooling would fix you up pretty easily if that's the stock you want.

I figured that I could probably just file down for the bolt release. Anyone else think that is feasible?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The action screw spacing on the accu-stock model is identical to the spacing on the new, non-accu-stock model. You won't need the foremost screw, since that is the wedge screw.

The issue is the new, (......) up location for the bolt release.

My suggestion: Go with stockade gun stocks.
http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/

Kevin is a Savage guru, builds very nice stocks and can point you in the right direction. </div></div>

FWIW, I second that recommendation. Kevin built a custom stock/bm for a 110 of mine with odd bolt spacing. Everyone I talked to prior to him said it couldn’t be done. Just be prepared to wait 4 or 5 months to get it.

I'll give another +1 for Kevin/Stockade. I had one of the very first center feed 10FPs with the 4.4" spacing. Nobody had, or was willing to make a stock for it. Kevin said "no problem". It's a great stock, too.

Bell and Carlson makes a drop in ready stock for the 4.4 screw spacing. I bought mine off stockysstock. I used one on mine until i got my McRee. Really liked it. Im not to sure about the bolt release but im sure it would be an easy file job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sbfcolin2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bell and Carlson makes a drop in ready stock for the 4.4 screw spacing. I bought mine off stockysstock. I used one on mine until i got my McRee. Really liked it. Im not to sure about the bolt release but im sure it would be an easy file job. </div></div>

Bell and Carlson doesn't have one for DBM though.

Ya thats true i had mine milled out for the savage dbm. It worked great.