• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help from anyone with a Burris XTR 1-4

chase102798

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
Nescopeck, PA
I'm waiting to here back from Burris customer service, but thought I would throw this out here.

A gentleman bought my Burris XTR 1-4 from me and he is claiming that the front lense is missing. I feel that he is wrong, but I am not an optics expert. He claims there should be a reddish/orange lens in front of the one in the accompanying photo (you can see the front lense down in the tube). I think he is confusing this with a red dot scope since they are the only ones I have seen with reddish/orange front lenses.

Please take a look at this link and if anyone has one to compare it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.riot-central.com/pics/personal/XTR-14%20missing%20lens.jpg

Re: Need help from anyone with a Burris XTR 1-4

There's no red lens on the front. He's confusing it with the pics that Burris posts up and photoshops the front lens to have a red hue to make it stand out or something. I've had a couple of them and they have no red lens though.