• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help getting in touch with Dead Air Suppressors

BamaSE

Chairborne Squad Commander
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Dothan, Alabama
Sent my suppressor in for a repair back in early March to Dead Air. Initially they were very responsive and I received a once a week update. Then no response for several weeks. So I PM'd @Mageever and he was very helpful in tracking it down and filling me in on challenges they are having with getting new equipment set up, etc. But that has been almost 3 weeks ago and even he did not know when I could expect it back. Next week will be 12 weeks since I sent my suppressor in and no one will respond to my email inquiries via CS or warranty email on what the status is. And I cannot leave a VM on the phone.

I called @Silencer Shop yesterday seeking assistance as I have bought 3 DA products through them. They could not help me or give me another way to communicate other than via the DA website.....and the guy I spoke with told me I was not the first who had called regarding a repair and lack of communication.

I don't like the delay, but can deal with that so long as I know what is going on and kept informed.........however, the lack of communication has me frustrated. Any advice or assistance in getting in touch with them will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Maybe call up the shop that makes Dead Air suppressors? Not sure if they make all of them or just some. https://kgm-tech.com/

I saw a post on AR15 that Dead Air itself said Bergara/BPI used to be the OEM but that they switched to KG Made. There’s a post somewhere on the hide that discussed this.

Maybe call up the shop that makes Dead Air suppressors? Not sure if they make all of them or just some. https://kgm-tech.com/

I saw a post on AR15 that Dead Air itself said Bergara/BPI used to be the OEM but that they switched to KG Made. There’s a post somewhere on the hide that discussed this.

I think they went away from KGM, but not sure to whom.

• Wow
Reactions: carbonbased
Don't quote that on me though, but that was my understanding when reading between the lines in some other threads.

@Mageever obviously is the one that can shed light on that.

Reactions: BamaSE
@Mageever Hey Todd, any way yall can help this dude out?
Thanks….Todd and I PM’d about 3 weeks back and he was helpful on tracking down my suppressor and letting me know they were backlogged due to getting new equipment up and on line….and told me he’d be out of pocket for a bit after our last correspondence. But reaching out to Todd on here was a result of them not responding from CS…..hence my frustration.

Today is Day 84 since my Nomad was received at DA….so 12 full weeks. Still no response from anyone on status. I have not sent an inquiry since Monday a week ago so I just reached out via my warranty email thread.

Today is Day 84 since my Nomad was received at DA….so 12 full weeks. Still no response from anyone on status. I have not sent an inquiry since Monday a week ago so I just reached out via my warranty email thread.
Pretty sure that's a KGM issue, and not a DA issue. Although it falls back on DA since they used KGM as a subcontractor to build.

KGM is a shitshow based on my own recent experience sending my Mask HD back for refinishing. They had mine for 6 damn weeks with no updates. Only reason I got updated was because Todd called them and hounded them about why people weren't getting updates on progress anymore. When I sent the RMA back to DA, I asked them while they had it apart, could they blast the baffles to clean them up really good and knock any & all old lead deposits off (or toss a new stack in there), and they didn't even clean the baffles, and sent it back cruded-up, caked, and dirty. You can tell they didn't even remove the old finish from the can before respraying it with cerakote...The logo and S/N and stuff all look holographic like graffiti bubble letters where the extra-thick double-finish makes them look fat and not defined like they originally were. Doesn't really matter, it's back, it's all 1 color again, the finish looks presentable, and I've since cleaned the baffles, but that's just shitty customer service, and they don't care about DA customers anymore since they lost their contract.

Pretty sure that's a KGM issue, and not a DA issue. Although it falls back on DA since they used KGM as a subcontractor to build.

KGM is a shitshow based on my own recent experience sending my Mask HD back for refinishing. They had mine for 6 damn weeks with no updates. Only reason I got updated was because Todd called them and hounded them about why people weren't getting updates on progress anymore. When I sent the RMA back to DA, I asked them while they had it apart, could they blast the baffles to clean them up really good and knock any & all old lead deposits off (or toss a new stack in there), and they didn't even clean the baffles, and sent it back cruded-up, caked, and dirty. You can tell they didn't even remove the old finish from the can before respraying it with cerakote...The logo and S/N and stuff all look holographic like graffiti bubble letters where the extra-thick double-finish makes them look fat and not defined like they originally were. Doesn't really matter, it's back, it's all 1 color again, the finish looks presentable, and I've since cleaned the baffles, but that's just shitty customer service, and they don't care about DA customers anymore since they lost their contract.
I hope mine is not caught up in KGM transition limbo. But sounds like I am. Mine started off great with really good comms and quick and easy RMA. And let me clarify….the problem was caused by me somehow cross threading an adapter on my Nomad 30. Totally a DA (as in DumAss) move on my part. Not any fault or QC on theirs. I saw at best a $250 repair flash before my eyes or at worst a chopped up and scrapped can….but they told me no worries on repairing and I was covered under warranty. Which was a surprise and great customer service….if I get my can back. I am still a fanboy, but damn their CS communication is awful.

Only a short 9 months later
Thankfully it was not that bad. I cannot recall the actual number of days, but it was between 3 and 4 months. Worse part was the communication. I get the time with the other issues plus the move….but if they had at least been upfront and responsive then I could have rolled with it better.

That being said, the Nomad 30’s are great cans and I run both the regular and Ti on several rifles and have no complaints and would buy again.

Reactions: Bluedog82