• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes need help making scope choice

Grommett

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2013
Gun: Larue 762OBR 18"

Leupold MK6 3-18 H58
S&B 3-20X50 PMII LP H59
Nightforce Beast H59

I want something that will take advantage of the full capability of the rifle. Pretty set on the Horus reticle for faster engagements and less 'dialing'. Beast seems like it may be a little clumsy with all the levers and buttons...(forgive me, I am a noob). Is the S&B going to be that much better than the Leupold? Price is not really an option since the girlfriend is buying it...;)

thoughts and advice are appreciated.

You need to read up and learn the ballistics of you rifle, determine what your purpose will be with it, read up on the specs of the scopes you listed or are interested in, come to a conclusion and make a educated choice.

Keep researching, try other shooter's equipment,etc. There's lots of info here on the Hide. Point being; get the best of the best but be sure of your choice. Scopes have a way of staying with you while rifles come and go.
You're going to get many opinions on "what is the best". Me, I've owned several and now have 2 S&Bs.