• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need Help.. New Sling for GAP 10??

csmith441

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2011
Mustang, OK
I'm working on breaking my barrel in right now, but plan to use my New GAP10 to hog hunt over Christmas. I dont want to carry it in my hands all day. I have ran one/two point slings on Ar-15s, but I have never ran a sling on AR-10 or any AR of this size.

Does any one have any good references on which sling would be a good fit for my new toy??

It has a sling point up front on the hand guard and a couple sling loops on the PRS stock.

Has anyone ran single point slings on their GAP10's??

If there is already a thread on this, sorry. I looked before I asked this question.

Thanks

Re: Need Help.. New Sling for GAP 10??

TAB or TIS for sure---might want to try the "biathalon" model also--have heard good things

+ 1 on TAB slings. I just used one in a class and it was the bomb.

So were you using a single point or the biathalon ? I was wondering the same thing , I also got a Gap-10 and was contemplating slings . Let me know what sling you went with as I'm not sure what to go with and maybe a pic of your setup ?

Well I might as well get in on this also my gap ar10 will be here next week a early xmas present got to love it .....

Its a 2 point and converts for sling use in sitting and kneeling fast! Don't have a good pic in sitting or kneeling, but you should get the idear from this one:

ROPR12266.jpg

I have been reading and looking at pics of slings all morning. My boss would be pissed off if he caught me.....

The TAB, TIS, and the Vickers seem to be really good.
Thanks for all the help.
I'm undecided as of right now..

I also found these: They replace the sling attachment on the PRS Stock with a Push Bottom QD Swivel mount.
http://cascadiaarmamentdesign.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Model-2_MED.jpg

TAB and don't look back. Just do it, do it, do it now. I had an elite, and while the buckles are bomb proof, they can scuff up your finish and clang pretty good while in the hunt. I run a biathalon with the plastic fasteners and love it. It's bomb proof as well, and works well over one shoulder. Heck, just get both.

I went with the TAB sling. Thier customer service is amazing by the way.

My only gripe is I wish there were other options for the swivel mounts that screw in to the hand guard (at the front where there is a small section of rail) on the GAP10s or POFs. Maybe HK loops or QD Button swivel mount.

I'm still breaking the gun in. That is way it looks wet from the Royal Purple gun oil. I have been running the bolt carrier really wet. These guns are built really tight.

DSCN1402.jpg

DSCN1403.jpg

DSCN1404.jpg

DSCN1405.jpg

DSCN1401.jpg