• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help picking a scope, please. ATACR 7-35 VS ZCO 5-27

I never understood the PRS crowd. Spend $4k on a rifle, around $3k on optic, hundreds on accessories, either ammo that costs $1+ a round, or buy thousands of dollars of reloading equipment.......

Shoot 6mm barrels that cost $700 a pop every 1k-2500 rnds.

And then hems and haws over whether or not one optic is worth $500-$1k more than another. Or acts like it’s crazy someone would buy it.

If that $1k extra means that much, you probably shouldn’t have dropped $8k plus on a rig to begin with. Not directed at anyone in particular, just saying.

If you’re considering an atacr 7-35, then money shouldn’t be the reason you don’t get a zco or theta. If it is, then you should probably be looking at a razor gen 2 and a non $4k rig.

I never understood the PRS crowd. Spend $4k on a rifle, around $3k on optic, hundreds on accessories, either ammo that costs $1+ a round, or buy thousands of dollars of reloading equipment.......

Shoot 6mm barrels that cost $700 a pop every 1k-2500 rnds.

And then hems and haws over whether or not one optic is worth $500-$1k more than another. Or acts like it’s crazy someone would buy it.

If that $1k extra means that much, you probably shouldn’t have dropped $8k plus on a rig to begin with. Not directed at anyone in particular, just saying.

If you’re considering an atacr 7-35, then money shouldn’t be the reason you don’t get a zco or theta. If it is, then you should probably be looking at a razor gen 2 and a non $4k rig.

I've seen you make a ton of really good comments and provide solid inputs but this one has me scratching my head big time.

Perceived value has ZERO to do with your ability to pay for it.

If you can't afford to pay cash for your hobby, then you are in the wrong hobby. That is MY opinion. Some people agree and some do not. I have the good fortune in life to buy pretty much anything I want to buy in this hobby. If I wanted a Theta, I would buy one...if I wanted a Theta, NF 7-35, ZCO, AI AXMC....blah, blah, blah; there is nothing holding me back. Fact is I don't make decisions on purchases that way.

If I look at two objects and the discernible differences are judged by ME to be NOT worth the delta in money, that is also MY opinion. Spending money that I don't HAVE to spend is the KEY. That is why I have an AI AT and not an AX in addition to having a NF on it versus a TT.

Again, MY opinion.

And my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it

Reactions: pineoak
I just bought the NF 7-35 in MIL-XT. You're going to love it. It took me a minute to get used to the reverse hashes, but now I wouldn't want to go back.

Reactions: jetsurgeon