• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help picking a scope

KamronG7

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2020
Missouri
I’m needing some help on picking a scope.

I’m looking for something around the 4-16 power. 50mm objective would be nice but isn’t a must. Want it to be atleast a 30mm tube.

Want it to have exposable zero stop turrets.

Would prefer it to be sfp but I’m also not opposed to ffp.

MOA would definitely be my first choice, but would also consider an MRAD scope.

Would like it to be similar to the reticle pictured below. I’m a big fan of the floating crosshair in the middle with the hash marks below.

Right now I’m looking at a nightforce shv or nxs, and a Zeiss V4. The Meopta Optika 6’s also look interesting to me.

Let me hear your suggestions on scopes that meet this criteria.

Thank You!!

Attachments

• C3219D16-8AC2-458F-B22F-31B2F9D23163.png
    C3219D16-8AC2-458F-B22F-31B2F9D23163.png
    394.6 KB · Views: 52
In that magnification range, I prefer FFP myself. My own short list in looking at grabbing a scope in that config and general price range looks like this at the moment:

Steiner P4Xi 4-16x56
Meopta Optika 3-18x50
Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50
Brownells MPO 3-18x50
Tract Toric 3-15x50
Vortex PST II 3-15x44
Nightforce SHV F1 4-14x50
Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18x44

I don't have the Zeiss on my own shortlist due to being SFP.
If wanting to get frugal at the last second, the closeouts on Nikon Black FX1000 and X1000 for under $400 can be tempting...

All of those are going to be really good glass and all have great features. For me, picking through those will come down to reticle preference, weight etc. The glass and feature set out these days for sub $1k scopes is insane : )

Reactions: King_beardsly
Dont forget the swfa 3x15 for what you want it would probably be just fine.

Nightforce atacr 4-16x42 or 4-16x50. Mil-R, MOAR, or Mil-C reticles. I think they are mostly ffp but I've seen sfp versions as well.

Thanks for the reply’s! I wish Meopta would come out with some better reticle options in MOA on the optika 6’s....

I'm really digging my MPO. It's the 5-25 and supposedly the 3-18 is even better. The Optika 6 scopes are really nice feeling but the MPO just feels stronger. I don't get excited about PST2's but they have a following for a reason.... as do XTRII'S.
I didn't care much for the one Steiner P4Xi I got to use (combination of things, nothing in particular).

I may have a lightly used Vortex PST Gen II 3-15x for sale in the next few days. PM me if interested.