• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need help picking new rifle stock

Frenchie661

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2011
So. Cal
I have a Remington 700 .223 adl varmit with a 26" bullbarrel and I've been looking at getting an hs precision stock for it but not sure what my rifle allows considering it's an adl. I know I need short action but can I get one for bdl? And if so, how do I go about turning my adl into a bdl or even a detachable mag? Kinda new here. Detailed info will really help alot. Thank you!

Re: Need help picking new rifle stock

Yes, you can get an HS stock with the BDL inlet. Then you'll need a spring/follower, floor plate, and a magazine box with a spacer installed for the shorter .223 round.
You can get a detachable mag system from HS that is a drop-in fit for their stock. Others are available, but most need inletted to fit.

Those parts are pretty easy to get, so you should be fine on that. i have used a couple HS precision stocks and have had good luck with them. Fit was acceptable, then again i was not quite in the same position.

FWIW they have all run well for me.

Unless you are sure you know what you are doing with the inletting, I would suggest taking it to someone who does AND why not throw in some skim bedding at the same time?

I thought a lot about this myself for my Rem 700 Short. I priced out HS, B&C, etc... but what i really wanted was an AICS.

After figuring the cost of the non AICS stocks plus adding a decent detachable mag kit... it was similar in price to the AICS so I sprung the extra $100 or so and grabbed the AICS.

I absolutely LOVE the stock. Really well built and comes with detachable mag setup built in!

i believe a mosin 91-30 stock can be retrofitted to fit your action, not sure your wantin that much razzle dazzle though

Thx everybody. Can anyone post a link or two to what exactly I need to convert adl to bdl?

Do a search in the classifieds for "BDL bottom metal" and you'll see plenty of pictures.
There's also a nice HS Precision magazine assembly that was just recently listed at a great price. You don't see a lot of those come up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do a search in the classifieds for "BDL bottom metal" and you'll see plenty of pictures.
There's also a nice HS Precision magazine assembly that was just recently listed at a great price. You don't see a lot of those come up. </div></div>

There's a classified section here? Where is it? I can't find it...
smirk.gif