• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help selecting a Sako TRG-like trigger

egarabedian

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
Fresno, CA
I currently shoot a Sako TRG in .308 and I love it. It was my first precision rifle and just a great rifle to sit behind and shoot for a long period of time. I'm in process of building a 6.5 Creedmoor with a Mausingfield action and I'm learning about triggers and would love to enlist some help before I buy...

Here's what I love about my Sako TRG trigger...
- it has a wide face to it
- the face of the trigger is smooth (I believe it's some sort of plastic maybe?)
- it's adjustable
- it's a 2 stage
- the first stage is really smooth up to a clearly defined wall
- it breaks like an icicle

I'm very used to this trigger...probably because it's the only precision rifle I have and also partly because of time behind the rifle. I've fired an Accuracy International and a Barrett MRAD recently and I still go back to my trigger as what I'm comfortable with the most. I understand that the triggers on those 2 rifles are adjustable but being that they weren't my rifles I wasn't in a position to make adjustments.

Does anyone have recommendations on trigger companies for me to look into for my build that fit the description above?

Thanks in advance.

I’ve found the trg trigger to be the absolute best I’ve used of any rifle. If I could have a trg trigger in everything i own I would be extremely satisfied. I’ve yet to be able to find anything that compares to it unfortunately.

Reactions: Bradu
I’ve found the trg trigger to be the absolute best I’ve used of any rifle. If I could have a trg trigger in everything i own I would be extremely satisfied. I’ve yet to be able to find anything that compares to it unfortunately.

I'll second this! Love the triggers in my TRG'S, and haven't found a two stage that feels the same yet.

I’ll add thirds to this, I have two TRGs in the back of the safe. My custom rifle wears a Timney two stage trigger with straight blade, it’s not near as good but pretty good.
I should just throw a new barrel on one of them and get it back in the field.
I have yet to find a trigger as good as a TRG.
Scott

There is nothing not to like about a TRG trigger

I've only felt one trigger that feels like a TRG, and that is the Q Fix trigger

I started with a trg22 as well, and it's still my favorite rifle. I thought it was time to step up to a custom and one of my criteria for beanland was a trigger as close to the trg as possible. I ended up with a cg Jackson extreme22. It is absolutely amazing!! It is the closest thing to a trg trigger I have ever felt. The shoe is flat on one side and curved on the other. I preferred the flat face. Its also adjustable front to back and a perfect, smooth 1st stage take up that hits a firm wall, then breaks like glass, just like my trg trigger.

Here is the link. http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.php?page=cgxtrememod22

I think you will be VERY happy with this trigger.

I had to tighten Daddys TRG42 trigger up a little,,he had it set so fine that I couldnt detect the wall and it was like pulling a 1.5 ounce Jewell in the 1st stage and would just go bang without any warning,,after a few minutes with a pretty small metric allen wrench I had it really really good,,maybe a pound take up and then a solid wall and a very clean break to send a 300 Berger OTM on its way,,
if someone marketed a trigger like the TRG that had a Rem 700 footprint it would bring 500$$ pretty easy,,IMO

The CG extreme 22 is probably the closest you will get to a two stage thats like the trg for a 700 footprint. The geiselle 700 might be good too but i don't think any of those are out in the wild yet.

Has anyone compared the Bix'n Andy TacSport to the TRG? I've got a 42 and the first time I got on it it felt like it was custom made to my spec.s. I've got a NIB second generation TRG adjustable butt stock that's never been on the rifle. And the trigger, well the trigger is just the best I've ever used. If the TacSport is similar I'll give one a try.

@Baron85 thanks for the note about the CG Jackson. I wasn't aware of that company and will do some reasearch. I didn't realize I had such a sought after trigger on my TRG. Just thought it was great because it's what I'm used to.

I actually had the trg and my beanland out yesterday. I think you will be very happy with the cg Jackson. I do prefer the wider trigger shoe on my trg but as far as smoothness, take up, solid wall between stages and clean break I feel they are identical. My cg Jackson is set to break a little lighter than my trg.

My trg also outshot my beanland yesterday, it's usually pretty close but not yesterday. Sako sure did build a fine rifle with the TRG's

I have a TRG and a Jackson and Tacsport. The tacsport is waiting on its barrel but I have dry fired it extensively. First with the TRG you have to be careful about adjusting it too much. You get to a certain point about a little over two pounds (maybe a little less) I would guess and it begins to fail. That being said if you can deal with or like the heavier pull it’s world class. I think the Jackson is probabely the closest I have seen to the TRG though and maybe better because I feel it’s more adjustable. It also has a more similar wide trigger shoe than the tacsport which appears to be noticeably thinner. The tacsport feels amazing though and I can’t wait to try it out and tune it a little more.

I haven’t shot some of these for a while and going a lot off of memory but this is how I remember them.

The Geissele should be coming out soon and is an updated version of the Jackson or his version of it. So you may find that is even closer.

Reactions: Quarter Horse
Texas, when you get the TacSport on your completed rifle please post back here. For me, the TRG trigger was perfect. After firing it I never touched it for adjustments. I had no issue with the 42.