• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need Help: Setting Zero Stop on Schmidt Bender With DTII+ Turrets

jab00

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2017
Can someone that’s got a Schmidt Bender PMII with the new DTII+ turret confirm the correct way to set the zero stop? The manual that came with my scope only shows directions for the older locking ring style, and I ran into an issue at the range today that I’m trying to figure out. Here’s what happened:
  1. Zeroed my rifle (AI AX) with the 6mm Creedmoor barrel installed
  2. Locked both turrets by switching the knob to red (locked)
  3. Loosened the two set screws on both turrets , unlocked the turrets, and turned them to zero and then locked the turrets (switch to ‘red’ position)
  4. Retightened the screws on both turrets and assumed that everything was good
  5. Switched out to my 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and took my first shot which was was .97 Mil low and 1.3 right of my point of aim (which almost exactly what I dialed back to set the zero stop
I can only assume that I must have done something wrong in the process above and actually dialed an adjustment into the turrets instead of actually resetting the stops.

I ended up rezeroing the gun on the 6.5 barrel but I’m a bit hesitant to try to reset the stops until I can confirm them proper procedure to do so with the PMII+ turrets

Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 43B6242E-B664-45E5-8FFE-77DE7B9CD00F.jpeg
    43B6242E-B664-45E5-8FFE-77DE7B9CD00F.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 140
  • E139D8D8-1DC4-41BA-91FB-542AC83F387A.jpeg
    E139D8D8-1DC4-41BA-91FB-542AC83F387A.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 36B38727-A3A5-48BA-B1EF-EF88D60E6FE9.jpeg
    36B38727-A3A5-48BA-B1EF-EF88D60E6FE9.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 96
*Edit
Didnt see the pictures at first. The MTC/LT ls are different*

Last edited:
Pretty sure that there is 3 set screws, but I dont have my MTC/LT PM2 anymore to confirm.

That is the correct process though. I loved that turret lock to prevent moving while losening the screws.

there’s only two hex screws on these turrets that I can see. The elevation turret has two additional openings but they’re plugged. The windage turret has two hex screws and a plugged opening

Okay.... Here we go. The new turrets should only have 2 screws.

Make sure your screws are tightened...

Rezero turning the elevation and windage knobs to get you corrected on target

Loosen the screws

Turn down to zero... Make sure you turn the turret in the correct direction to get back to zero. Should be clockwise.

Tighten screws

Verify zero...

You should have roughly 24 mils of up travel assuming a normal 6.5 cm load with a 30 moa rail

PM me if you still don't get through it

Okay.... Here we go. The new turrets should only have 2 screws.

Make sure your screws are tightened...

Rezero turning the elevation and windage knobs to get you corrected on target

Loosen the screws

Turn down to zero... Make sure you turn the turret in the correct direction to get back to zero. Should be clockwise.

Tighten screws

Verify zero...

You should have roughly 24 mils of up travel assuming a normal 6.5 cm load with a 30 moa rail

PM me if you still don't get through it

Thanks - just to make sure I understand, your saying don’t flip the switches to red/lock before loosening the screws, just loosen them, turn the turret to zero, and then lock the screws down again

No need to lock the turrets and don't remove the screws from the turret just loosen them 2-3 turns.

The turret will still click with the screws loosened don't worry about it that's normal. Loosen them then turn down to zero.

No need to lock the turrets and don't remove the screws from the turret just loosen them 2-3 turns.

The turret will still click with the screws loosened don't worry about it that's normal. Loosen them then turn down to zero.

Thanks for the advice. I’m going back to the range tomorrow or Sunday to try this again

Did you check your zero w. the 6CM barrel after you set your zero?

Could it be that the 6CM and 6.5CM just don't have the same POI?

Man I completely missed he changed barrels! That's what I get for trying to help when I'm half awake.

Yes OP your zero will be different probably for every barrel you put on there.

I zero my scope for my competition barrel and have an offset written down for my other calibers.

My thought process was that I’d zero on the 6mm Creedmoor, set the stops and then just keep track of offsets for the 6.5 and 308 barrels going forward. I was just really surprised yesterday when my first 6.5 Creedmoor shot was so low and right of POA.

I‘m pretty certain that my issues yesterday were the result of a screwed up attempt to set the stop on the elevation and zero out the windage.

During today’s trip, I rezeroed at 100 with the 6mm Creedmoor barrel, reset the stop, and then switched over to the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. This time, the windage was perfect and had to add only .2 mils of elevation to reach my point of aim.

I’ll head back out next weekend to reconfirm the 6mm Creed zero and the offset for the 6.5 Creed barrel and then see what happens with the .308

The clicking notwithstanding the screws loosened initially confused me.....