• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Need help....Shooter's Software

bullsyeman

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2012
United States
Loaded this on Android last week. Seemed fine initially, but now I noticed that the data does not show "0" at 200yds, which is the zero distance I input. Am I thinking correctly? If you are zeroing at 200 yards there should be no elevation moa shown. Value should be "0" at 200 yards, which it is with every ballistic software I use. I have verified my input several times. What am I missing or not understanding?

Re: Need help....Shooter's Software

Go to the bullet/ load screen. Select "Edit" the load and select the load that is not zero. Scroll down to the "Zero Data". Sellect 200 for range and make sure the "Zero Hieght" and "Zero Offset" is at 00.00 (true zero, vs zero + 1.5" @200 ect.). Select save data, then done editing. Recheck the load calcs for a 200 yard zero.

This is from an iPhone but the program should be the same for you. I believe the "Zero Hieght" comes with 1.5" preloaded into that spot. I had to edit all of my loads back to 00.00, or you and I confused Zero Hieght for sight offset or something.

Let me know if that worked.

Re: Need help....Shooter's Software

In addition to the above, there are a few possibilities:
1) if you input zero conditions for your ammo profile, and then you're shooting in different conditions, that's one way it could give you a non-zero correction at your zero range.
2) another way is if you store a 200 yard zero, then go to preferences and change from yards to meters, that would put your zero off.
3) to clarify the sight height and zero height; sight height is how far the scope centerline is above the bore centerline, this defaults to 1.5". The zero height is how high your group is at the zero range. If you're truly zeroed, it should be 0.

Take care,
-Bryan