• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Need help trapping hogs in TX around Woodlands area

mavrick10_2000

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Thanks for the replies folks. The In-laws one neighbor is helping get traps setup.

Last edited:
i got some family in the woodlands area, I'll contact them and see if they can recommend any one.

Hell, next time i go to houston, I'll throw a couple cans;45 acp and 22lr and we'll go to work on them!

i'll let you know as soon as i do.

cheers,
breeze

there are services that can do this but even trapping will do no good in the long run...he'll just keep having to have them removed. Might as well kill them, BBQ them and enjoy.

I'll be glad to remove them them, but it will be with a rifle/pistol and I'm an hour away.

How many acres is he on?

if it's large enough, there is a guy here that does heli hog removal.

Okay, the woodlands ain't so wooody anymore. It's been sucked into the surburban sprawl of houston. It can make it difficult to have a full blown shoot'n'nanny in their front yard. But they can be trapped and whacked, bacon rabbit BBQ time.

I knew the little turds will eat anything, but I was surprised how they quickly they would be slupring the blood from their cage mate that's still doing the death dance after taking a 22lr to the earhole.

I'd recommend mixing some diesel/corn to keep out all the others but pigs and rig up a hard sided trap. As you shoot/remove the lucky contestants, the blood will just add to the lure for the others.

Cheers,
Breeze

O.P. Still waiting on my cousin, he's a pilot and doesn't live too far from the airport.

I'm very familiar with "The" Woodlands area...they have a snooty attitude if you don't use "The" for some reason. It's a lot of fun to screw with those types when you find out who they are.

After working there for a couple years I can tell you that though there are of suburban type neighborhoods, there are plenty of country type neighborhoods with acreage lots and plenty of tracts that have enough acreage to shoot without worrying about neighbors. There area areas that you can't even see your neighbors, the woods are so thick. If the in-laws are fine with removing in a way that won't disturb the neighbors...I can take care of that. Seeing that I'm less than an hour away and a good friend of mine is about 15 minutes away, I'm sure we can get the pests removed.

What needs to happen is to works with everyone in the surrounding area to remove them. Once the population is gone, when the next one shows up on any neighbors property, the same process will need to be done again.

Last edited:
I'm very familiar with "The" Woodlands area...they have a snooty attitude if you don't use "The" for some reason. It's a lot of fun to screw with those types when you find out who they are.

After working there for a couple years I can tell you that though there are of suburban type neighborhoods, there are plenty of country type neighborhoods with acreage lots and plenty of tracts that have enough acreage to shoot without worrying about neighbors. There area areas that you can't even see your neighbors, the woods are so thick. If the in-laws are fine with removing in a way that won't disturb the neighbors...I can take care of that. Seeing that I'm less than an hour away and a good friend of mine is about 15 minutes away, I'm sure we can get the pests removed.

What needs to happen is to works with everyone in the surrounding area to remove them. Once the population is gone, when the next one shows up on any neighbors property, the same process will need to be done again.

Yassir you right there, that explanation wasn't for houstonites. They can be some snooty pricks, just trying to help keep the full blown shoot'em up ideas to a minimum.

Didn't mean to preach to the converted.

Cheers,
Breeze

Sorry if I sounded like I was on a soapbox of sorts...wasn't intentional.

You can tranq. them, cage them, use a clamp/snare trap etc. and there are a number of services that do this. If the op's in-laws will call me, I'll be glad to work with them in getting the hog issue resolved. All I ask is that I get to stock my freezer with hog. Still have to make it habitual in picking them up...they're worse than rabbits.

If done right, I can probably get someone over there to have a neighborhood bar b q (free but accept donations)...got a good friend that does cook-off's and has a pit trailer (doing the MS-150 in a few weeks)

Edit- Waiting to hear back from a buddy that can trap them. PM Sent.

Last edited:
I read the tannerite as thermite... Had a flash of flaming pigs running around the yard for a short while.

Thanks for all the replies folks. In laws have a neighbor helping setup traps.

Okay, I got a call into my inlaws today, asking for a sniff around. You want me to check up on that and see how this turns out?

SeanH - cool bro. I'd be in it for the pig too! we got one of dem li'l sleeper rigs too!
IMG00150-20111001-1344_zps11cf0c6f.jpg

these here are bacon rabbit on de half shell!

5 Gallon bucket full of corn, filled with water and left in the sun for a couple days to sour, then add some strawberry jello mix for another day and put it in your trip.
It's like crack I tell ya.

Try exchanging the water with some beer...Its pig nip... Also get a sturdy bucket and chain it to the ground... I happen to live in Deweyville Texas which is right on the Texas/Louisiana line and about 20 or 30 from the gulf... We have hogs everywhere!

Im going this weekend with the post hole digger to do basically the same thing only in little holes in the ground....After the pigs are done the area looks like a someone dropped a daisy cutter