• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing need help with 1911

mattr25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2012
sc
I have a Norinco M1911A. I am having a problem with the slide lock pin coming out. I have replaced the slide lock pin and barrel bushing and the problem still occurs after 10-15 rounds. It will start working it's way out and the gun will jam. I am looking for some advice on what to check for this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: need help with 1911

I will try a new plunger spring but I'm not sure which pins you are talking about.

The slide stop should have an indention in it that the pin rides in and keeps it in place. The detent could have gotten sloppy or is too shallow or not enough spring pressure on the plunger tube front pin. Can you post a picture of the face of the slide stop? You can also assemble the plunger spring and its two pins backwards so it doesn't protrude through the front of the bushing contacting the slide stop.

I can't figure out how to post pics and no I'm not shooting it left handed.

This may help you. Parts J, K and L. As far as I can tell in this diagram the plunger tube is not a separate piece. Aren't most plunger tubes staked on?

45schem.gif

my detent was weak and it was on my first 1911 so after i figured out why the slide kept locking on me, i dremeled a detent and replaced the whole assembly, pins and spring. worked like a champ after that

Turns out that the slide stop pin was too long and the round was hitting it as it was being loaded. I took it to a local smith and he found it in 30 seconds. I guess it's easy when you know what to look for.