• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with 300 blk please.

wdhigh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2010
Summerville, SC
Have been all over the net including the search engine on here. My question concerns 300 blackout accuracy. Most of the really good accuracy claims seem to mostly be with handloads. I do not handload so that is not an option for me.

My question is can a 300 blackout be made to shoot 1-1.5" at 100 yds with factory ammo either subs or supers? I have read some really poor accuracy claims on other sites and am beginning to re-think my 300 blk sbr build. Plan to use it for deer and hogs up to 100yds.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Need help with 300 blk please.

what's your build? Hand loads are always gonna be more accurate than factory if you can dial a load for the rifle. I know someone who just SBR'd their lower and slapped an AAC upper on it with an SDN-6 and it shoots just fine at 100 with subs. Super tended to have a wider group, but it also could have been the guy behind the rifle...

For the moment I just have a lower. Was leaning heavily toward 8-10" barrel. Have not really settled on exact parts yet, figured I had plenty of time since a tax stamp is involved. I was getting ready to start the sbr paperwork when I have stumbled upon poor accuracy claims. So many I am worried to go through with it.

I've put 3 factory loads through my 8" noveske barrel so far. Pretty disappointed with the lack of accuracy.

Bought it hoping it would be more accurate than my .44 mag rifle, with the same barrel length. But no, the accuracy is worse than my .44 at 100 yds.
frown.gif

I am still waiting on some group buy SouthWest ammo to try in it though,,,

2 supers and 1 sub. But, the sub ammo was the CMMG 175gr. Really sucked, didn't cycle, unburnt powder all over in the receiver, huge groups. Probably why they quit making it,,,

I heard of a govt user that shot a 2.75 inch group at 500 yards with a 10.5 inch 300 BLK. It was with factory Remington 125 grain Match ammunition.

I shot this:

cid_ebaabb6b-2499-4a76-bb04-154da7f74ccahome.jpg

Mine will shoot better than a 1/2 inch group with subs & supers with my hand loads. I have never checked it with factory ammo.

I have a 10" noveske that shoots 3 moa or worse at 100 with that Remington 115 grain crap that's 11$ a box. Same gun shoots an inch or less with 110 vmaxs and 19.5 gr of h110. I haven't used any of the decent factory ammo from hsm. Not really excited about $1.20 per round out of a carbine.