• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Need help with a thread adapter.

7magsavage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2012
So I have a TBAC 30p-1 at my dealer while I'm waiting on my stamp. I will primarily be using the can on my bolt guns but I would like to also use it occasionally for some slow-fire with my AR. I have a colt m4 with the standard birdcage flash hider.
Question one: any tricks to getting the factory flash hider off?
Question two: anybody know what thread adaptor I would need?

Thanks in advance.

1. Secure M4, apply heat to FH, should come loose without a ton of effort.
2. You'll need a 1/2-28 to whatever your can is threaded for. Traditionally that thread pitch is 5/8-24. However I believe the 30p1 is also available in a couple different metric thread pitches.

1. Secure M4, apply heat to FH, should come loose without a ton of effort.
2. You'll need a 1/2-28 to whatever your can is threaded for. Traditionally that thread pitch is 5/8-24. However I believe the 30p1 is also available in a couple different metric thread pitches.

Cool. Thanks man. How much heat should be applied? Just pad the shop vise and clamp the barrel?

250-300 degrees should do it. I'd hit it with the torch for about 6-8 seconds.

You definitely want to secure the barrel. If you have a barrel vice or v jaws that would work. Any torque tool that uses the barrel extension to secure the barrel for maintenance, like the Geissele reaction rod or similar, would also work well.

Sweet. Thanks guys. I'll check it out. BTW, how quiet is an AR with the tbac? Also, does it still cycle the bolt? Excessive gas blow back to the shooter?

I've use my 30P-1 on my LR-308 with the JP gas block that is set to barely open and it cycles just fine. You will get some gas back in the face from the extra pressure and it's a lot dirtier to shoot. Fun as Hell though! Sound wise it's still a supersonic round so you get the crack, pffshh sound from the suppressor, plus the extra sound of the action cycling. It's not Hollywood quiet or on the level of a subsonic 22LR, but close to hearing safe.

Anybody got pics of a m4 or other AR with the tbac so I can see what it looks like?

It's not an AR but is of similar size. I'll see if I can snap a pick on one of my AR's tonight for you.