• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need Help with an upper

customgun1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
arkansas
i recently picked up an Olympic arms ar with a 243 wssm upper and am wanting to purchase a 223 upper for it, but not familar with semi auto and would like a real quality one with out busting my wallet, suggestions? thanks

Re: Need Help with an upper

There are several to choose from, but whatever you choose, get one with M4/extended feed ramps cut in. I personally use the VLTOR MUR for my builds, as it's of phenomenal quality. However, if you don't want to spend that much, get a Bravo Company USA forged upper. They have excellent QC/QA.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-Upper-Receiver-s/33.htm

If you're looking for a complete upper, I'd reccomend the Bravo Co. uppers, they're reasonably priced and they're great, not to mention there's a whole bunch to choose from. Just my $.02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sherman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're looking for a complete upper, I'd reccomend the Bravo Co. uppers, they're reasonably priced and they're great, not to mention there's a whole bunch to choose from. Just my $.02</div></div>
This. For a complete upper, BCM has a great product.

also my guns currently has an a2 stock, is this something i can easily change to the M4?

Yes fairly easy. You just need a stock wrench, plus an m4 stock with buffer tube, a carbine buffer spring and carbine buffer.