• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help with ARD

Alabama556

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 15, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    Guys I have an older zeiss diavari 2,5-10-48 that is useless when looking into the sun at dusk.

do you know anybody that makes a slip on ARD?

I doubt anybody makes one for a scope that is 20 years old and 48mm.

I contacted zeiss and they can’t replace the front lens with one with the current coatings.

Haha, the first thing that comes to mind is dont look into the sun at dusk. 🤣

But I do know what you mean.. I'm not aware of any slip over ARD I'm afraid. A long sunshade can be pretty effective. But if the sun is glaring right into your front lens its a pretty tough fix for any optic.

Call Tenebraex. They have a machine now that can custom make one off items like that. I have the first piece off that machine, an ARD for a USO 1-8x that fits their caps. Pretty slick.

But yeah, don't look at the sun for one.

You can also cut a slot or hole in a Butler Creek and go that route. Can cut a hole in duct tape placed over a bigger hole to adj. size. Or rubber band a piece of mesh over the obj. I've done all the above at one time or another.

Thanks. Several of my shooting houses face north west. These are the best places to hunt when you get a nw wind when a cold front comes through

Called tenebraex and they are trying to help me. I can’t replace the scope because the gun has German claw mounts that would only work on a scope that is identical to the one on it.

IDK...Have you contacted "AADMOUNT Engineering"? I don't know if he has or can make you an ARD to fit or slip on over your 48mm Zeiss obj. it never hurts to ask.

...Good luck to you.

I have tried to contact aadmount and can’t get anyone to return a call or email but I will try again.

thanks for the suggestion

My Swarovski 10x50’s and more modern zeiss 3-10-56 scopes don’t have a problem in these stands. Just the older scopes.

You are wasting money lying for an ARD. Pull some pantyhose over the objective, cut a slot in a butler creek cap, or grab some cardboard and cut a circle that fits inside of your objective. Then cut a hole out of the center of that cardboard circle. Basically like a cardboard donut you can slide into the objective. An ARD or any of the things I suggested will degrade your image, but should help you out.
    48973814-A4B6-4B7D-8631-1D184563F482.jpeg

CCCC46BA-9E30-494B-B41B-622F3C658CD0.jpeg

Last edited:
    I have some ARDs just about to drop along with caps.

We've got the best production printer in the world on the case, along with extensive postprocessing and automation to be at a livable price point with unmatched quality.

They'll be available in gray or black, and with or without caps.

black ard.jpg
    ard and cap.jpg

I have some ARDs just about to drop along with caps.

We've got the best production printer in the world on the case, along with extensive postprocessing and automation to be at a livable price point with unmatched quality.

They'll be available in gray or black, and with or without caps.

View attachment 7495464View attachment 7495465
    What do you need from me to get an order for one going?